Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Senko

Old February 17th, 2020, 03:40 PM
I want to create a custom exploit for the arcanist called greater discovery. It will function basically the same as arcane discovery except it will allow the arcanist to select a discovery up to lvl 20. I've gotten halfway but I'm not sure how to finish the process. Currently I have duplicated arcane discovery and adjusted it so you can select greater arcane discovery and then select an arcane discovery up to lvl 20. See scripting below, however its tied to the same ability as the normal arcane discovery.

So this is the first issue if I select arcane discovery I can take an arcane discovery as if I were a wizard half my levels, if I take greater I can select one as a wizard of my level. However if I take both I am 2 discoveries of 1 selected. I need to adjust the ability so it gives an extra discovery so if you select both you can have 2 discoveries one of half your level, one of your level.

The second issue is I want to make the greater arcane discovery have pre-requisites of arcane discovery and lvl 15. However I am useless at scripting and since I've discovered recently some scripts have multiple functions I'm a little nervous about picking something like improved critical and trying to adapt its scripting to point at arcane discovery. The level 15 one I believe I've gotten working as that's just putting 15 in the required level box for arcanist.

Scripting for arcane discovery

~ If we're not shown, just get out now
doneif (tagis[Helper.ShowSpec] = 0)

~ If we're disabled, do nothing
doneif (tagis[Helper.SpcDisable] <> 0)

var i as number

~ We should count our class levels as
field[abValue].value += round(field[xTotalLev].value, 0, -1)
field[abValue].value = maximum(field[abValue].value,1)

for i = 1 to field[abValue].value
perform hero.assign[FtPrRqCaP1.ArcaneDisc]
next

perform hero.assign[Hero.ArcDiscOK]

with timing of post levels, 10000, 1 and bootstrapping to cfgArcDisc.

Which is where I think the issue for my problem lies for the 2 arcane discoveries issue.

Any help/advice appreciated I'll keep working on this as I get time.

EDIT
I'm assuming the tutorials linked in this thread http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=21688 by Mathias are still current.

Last edited by Senko; February 17th, 2020 at 07:23 PM.
Senko is offline   #1 Reply With Quote