• Please note: In an effort to ensure that all of our users feel welcome on our forums, we’ve updated our forum rules. You can review the updated rules here: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=5528.

If a fellow Community member is not following the forum rules, please report the post by clicking the Report button (the red yield sign on the left) located on every post. This will notify the moderators directly. If you have any questions about these new rules, please contact support@wolflair.com.

- The Lone Wolf Development Team

[Modiphius 2d20] Star Trek Adventures

Ok, looks like that was just a glitch, but I also noticed something that has been partly bothering me for a while.

In the thing_disciplines.dat, you have the disciplines sorted alphabetically, instead of by section. (Command, Conn, Engineering, Medicine, Security, Science... instead of Command, Conn, Engineering, Security, Medicine, Science).
You know, I guess I just never noticed that was how they were grouped. Let me see what I can do to sort them out that way/reorder them.

I’ll also check the event/discipline bonus issue.

Last edited:
I’ll see what I can figure out here. For someone with a Mixed Heritage, how should it display on the output?
Standard notation has it as "Traits: Primary species, Secondary species, Other things".

I’ll provide separate items for next release. :)
Aces. :)

I’m considering redoing the Species and instead of not making them available in an era, simply flag them as truly valid in their appropriate era. That way you could add them with no issue and get a warning. Then, ideally you could add an adjustment to make them valid. Would something like that work?
Probably, though it's honestly not a problem the way it is, to me at least.

Last edited:
Here's an interesting one.

Building a main character. Adding Focuses during the Starfleet Academy phase. Change my mind on one, delete it...and it still tells me that I have 3 of 4 chosen, even though I'm clearly looking at two. Add a different one to the mix. Now it tells me I have 2 of 4 chosen even though I'm clearly looking at three.

I didn't have the good sense to get screen caps, though. Sorry.

Here's an interesting one.

Building a main character. Adding Focuses during the Starfleet Academy phase. Change my mind on one, delete it...and it still tells me that I have 3 of 4 chosen, even though I'm clearly looking at two. Add a different one to the mix. Now it tells me I have 2 of 4 chosen even though I'm clearly looking at three.

I didn't have the good sense to get screen caps, though. Sorry.
Hmmmmm.... that is odd.

Let me see if I can recreate it. :)

It clears up when you enter Focus number 5 in step 6, so it appears to be some sort of refresh weirdness on the Basics tab.

It clears up when you enter Focus number 5 in step 6, so it appears to be some sort of refresh weirdness on the Basics tab.

I suspect it is the optimisation that Hero Lab performs, so that it only performs a full re-evaluation of all the rules in certain conditions. You can trigger this manually from one of the menus.

It is probably worth contacting support to see if they can ensure that deleting such an item triggers a full re-evalation of the character.

I suspect it is the optimisation that Hero Lab performs, so that it only performs a full re-evaluation of all the rules in certain conditions. You can trigger this manually from one of the menus.

It is probably worth contacting support to see if they can ensure that deleting such an item triggers a full re-evalation of the character.
And HL 8.8e has a bug where hero tags are not being reset or retested without a full evaluation. This causes some weird bugs to happen in different games. A fix for this is coming soon....

Creating a Main Character
Step 1: Species

Set to Human

Step 2: Environment
Homeworld option

For this particular option, you get to increase one of the Attributes your species allows you to raise during the first step. Humans can increase any of the six Attributes in step 1. However, when you get to step 2, the only options you get are the three Attributes you chose during step 1.

Per Nathan Dowdell, the system developer, however, the intent for step 2 was for Humans to be able to raise any of those six Attributes, whether they'd been increased in step 1 or not. I'll try to find you the Facebook post where he told me this.

I noticed this problem as well, although I wasn't sure exactly how to change it or bring it up.

I think the best way to fix this (although possibly more complicated coding wise) would be to have a drop-down selection tab on the Environment page for the 'Your Homeworld' and 'Another Species Homeworld' that would allow you to select which species homeworld it is. Then have that selection determine what attributes are available to choose from.

Howdy!

I was getting ready to release an update last night when I found an issue with a couple of things. I fixed them, but want to wait until tonight or tomorrow night to be sure I caught everything.

I’ll go through too and check my notes on what got fixed, etc...

New version 1.6 should be available which includes the Sciences Division items. Please let me know if have any issues. :)

New version 1.6 should be available which includes the Sciences Division items. Please let me know if have any issues. :)

It didn't flag as an update.
It was listed as 1.6 in the update window.
After downloading, before import it showed 1.5 at the end of the first line (top left corner of import window).

It doesn't help that the editor is kind of arcane, and I haven't had much luck figuring it out. Is it possible to add a user data set that sits alongside this? Say I wanted to create my own "sourcebook" of third-party options that I allow in-game?

Sure, you can copy and modify into another file with the .user extension, or if you need to copy a source selection say to select “House Rules” option on the config hero screen those would go in a .1st file, that help? :)

Back