Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Obbu

Old April 4th, 2018, 09:33 PM
Quick question regarding tripping with weapons:

You can use any weapon to trip, and the enhancement bonus (and several other modifiers) applies to the trip attempt.

http://paizo.com/community/blog/v574...ecial-Features

Quote:
Disarm, sunder, and trip are normally the only kinds of combat maneuvers in which you’re actually using a weapon (natural weapons and unarmed strikes are considered weapons for this purpose) to perform the maneuver, and therefore the weapon’s bonuses (enhancement bonuses, feats such as Weapon Focus, fighter weapon training, and so on) apply to the roll.
However I cannot find a way to apply my weapon/enhancement and the other mentioned bonuses to my trip CMB in Hero Lab.

Is there a trick to this or does the functionality not exist?
Obbu is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 5th, 2018, 12:34 AM
This doesn't exist, since the CMB/CMD section of the character sheet is independent of which weapon/weapons you might have equipped.

Also, LWD only implements actual rules rather than blog posts, however the official rules cover what is described in the blog (but in less detail):

Quote:
When you attempt to perform a combat maneuver, make an attack roll and add your CMB in place of your normal attack bonus. Add any bonuses you currently have on attack rolls due to spells, feats, and other effects. These bonuses must be applicable to the weapon or attack used to perform the maneuver. The DC of this maneuver is your target's Combat Maneuver Defense. Combat maneuvers are attack rolls, so you must roll for concealment and take any other penalties that would normally apply to an attack roll.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal

Last edited by Farling; April 5th, 2018 at 12:37 AM.
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old April 5th, 2018, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obbu View Post
Quick question regarding tripping with weapons:

You can use any weapon to trip, and the enhancement bonus (and several other modifiers) applies to the trip attempt.

http://paizo.com/community/blog/v574...ecial-Features

However I cannot find a way to apply my weapon/enhancement and the other mentioned bonuses to my trip CMB in Hero Lab.

Is there a trick to this or does the functionality not exist?
I think there is an adjustment to get it to display on the weapon
Minous is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Obbu

Old April 5th, 2018, 04:25 AM
Thanks for the replies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minous View Post
I think there is an adjustment to get it to display on the weapon
I can see the "Maneuver CMB Bonus", which is just an untyped bonus that can be applied, is this what you mean?
Obbu is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old April 5th, 2018, 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obbu View Post
Thanks for the replies

I can see the "Maneuver CMB Bonus", which is just an untyped bonus that can be applied, is this what you mean?
No, I think it might be in the community pack, I know HL shows the values on the desktop version when the weapon is quipped. I think the adjustment is called "Weapon CMB, Trip"
Minous is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Obbu

Old April 9th, 2018, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minous View Post
No, I think it might be in the community pack, I know HL shows the values on the desktop version when the weapon is quipped. I think the adjustment is called "Weapon CMB, Trip"
I tried installing the community pack, but it's possible I've derped somewhere in the installation and it's not showing up. Will try again however, not defeated yet

I'm also finding that Tower Shield's attack roll penalty is not applying to CMB correctly, so I suspect that the CMB calculation is missing several factors that should be affecting it.
Obbu is offline   #6 Reply With Quote