Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

EightBitz

Old January 14th, 2017, 02:35 PM
With instructions on how to use it in order to print topics and articles in a human-readable format?

I don't need to get fancy with preserving active links, though simply listing linked topics and articles at the bottom wouldn't be unappreciated.

I've tried digging in a bit with some online instructions and tutorials, but I couldn't even get the basic "Hello World" example from MSDN to work. Same with the breakfast-menu example.

In those cases, when I save the xml, xsl and htm files to my local machine, all I get when I open the htm file is a blank screen.

I was able to use Treebeard to get the breakfast-menu example to work, but it still won't display anything for the hello world example.

Still, with the break-fast menu example working in Treebeard, when I try to modify that to print topics from an RW export, I still get an empty output window.

I've come to the conclusion that this is going to take a deeper level of knowledge of XML and XSL than I can glean from a few, simple tutorials.
EightBitz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old January 14th, 2017, 03:16 PM
You need a CSS which specifies how to display the XML output.
XSLT is to convert from one format to another (e.g. RealmWorks XML to HTML5).

To perform XML conversion using an XSLT, I downloaded the MSXSL.EXE file from Microsoft, and have a simple script which I run to perform the conversion.

(I am working on an XSLT that will convert Obsidian Portal backup file into a RealmWorks import file.)
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote