Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

booga

Old August 9th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Hi,

I noticed a lot of people are working on custom data files, which is great. However I am wondering why those files are not posted in the threads, even for beta versions. I guess it would allow more users to test it and report bugs, helping improving them. As long as Lone Wolf does not sell a data file for those settings, I guess it would not cause conflicts of interests either.

I come from the Maptool community, where custom content is freely shared and it gives nice community feel, and increases support for the original product (more support = more sales in the case of a paying product).

Let me know what your take on this is. Thanks !
booga is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
tatteredking

Old August 10th, 2011, 09:30 AM
first we need a place to host them. I'd love to post them in here. Let me do some checking and see where other people here host their custom made files.

Legality...I don't know anything about that, so the powers that be here would need to speak up on that topic.

TK

EDIT: I just dropped a line to Chief Weasel to see if he would host them on cheeseweasel.net

Last edited by tatteredking; August 10th, 2011 at 09:35 AM.
tatteredking is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
tatteredking

Old August 10th, 2011, 09:59 AM
ChiefWeasel is all up for that. If anyone has completed datafiles, contact him directly at chiefweasel@cheeseweasel.net. I'm still working on some bugs in the Sundered Skies files.
tatteredking is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 10th, 2011, 04:50 PM
A place to post them is not a problem. I own roleplayer.net and could post them there. It's the whole legality thing that concerns me.
CapedCrusader is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Kiros

Old August 11th, 2011, 07:42 AM
Same, I don't want to post the Realms of Cthulhu files until there is some sort of agreement with the publisher. I'm assuming that Hero Labs deals with that themselves, correct?

Kiros
Kiros is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 11th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Please hold off on doing this. We met with Pinnacle at GenCon and mapped out a whole bunch of good stuff that should seriously boost Savage Worlds support within Hero Lab. Now we need to get things signed, which should take us a couple weeks to finalize. Once that's done, we'll be working stuff out with various 3PPs regarding their works.

Until we get all these pieces into place, posting stuff publicly anywhere could become problematic. Sharing stuff privately ought to be fine, since it's just fans sharing directly with fans.

Thanks in advance for everyone's patience while we get all the i's dotted and t's crossed.
rob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
booga

Old August 13th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Cool,

I'm glad things are moving in this direction. Thanks to you all for answering my initial request !
booga is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
tatteredking

Old August 16th, 2011, 11:18 AM
no problem rob. Thanks for the good word! Let us know when we can post them.
tatteredking is offline   #8 Reply With Quote