Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 9th, 2011, 10:59 AM
We are simply spread too thin right now to do all the things we want. One of those things is getting the Fantasy Companion and Super Powers Companion supplements properly implemented, as well as making it easier to customize the data files for the various Savage Settings. So we've officially earmarked the funds to bring in outside help to make this happen.

I figured the best place to start the search was here. We definitely need someone with a good grasp of the game system and a good feel for how players will want to use Hero Lab with Savage Worlds. There are also a number of you here who have been diligently working on adding support for various Savage Settings already, and I'm hoping some of you might be interested.

The work will delve into the guts of the Savage Worlds data files and will not just involve using the Editor. You will be extending, and in some cases re-working, the underlying mechanisms. As such, you'll need to be comfortable with directly modifying the XML structure of the data files using a text editor or other tool of your choice. A solid background in programming is not required, but exposure to the basics of programming will likely be beneficial. You will work with the development team in mapping out the best way to implement the necessary changes, then you will be responsible for making those changes yourself, using the development team as a resource for questions and feedback.

We anticipate this will be a part-time project that will last for a few months. However, if someone wants to focus on it full-time (e.g. a college student on summer vacation), we have no problem with that. Compensation will be based on your experience with Hero Lab's authoring tools and your projected ability to learn the underlying mechanisms involved. This work could also potentially lead to further work (which may become full-time) on future projects that we are anticipating later this year.

If you are interested in this position, please send an email to jobs@wolflair.com with a subject line of "Savage Worlds Data Files". Please include a summary of your experience with creating Hero Lab data files and any pertinent background information that you feel would make you an excellent candidate for this project. Also make sure to include your full contact information.

Please note that we'll be on the road starting this afternoon and won't be back in the office until Tuesday, so please be patient with any questions.
rob is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
tatteredking

Old June 10th, 2011, 11:29 AM
talk to CapedCrusader. It sounds like he has a lot of time on his hands and has the interest, and coding knowledge. I'm just a chemist who likes to game and has a modicum of coding knowledge.
tatteredking is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 10th, 2011, 12:17 PM
I've sent an email...
CapedCrusader is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Giddoen

Old June 11th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capedcrusader View Post
i've sent an email...
w00t!!!!

I have faith!...my character sheet says so!
Giddoen is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 16th, 2011, 12:44 AM
BTW - My name is Ron Steinhauser...
CapedCrusader is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Kiros

Old July 3rd, 2011, 07:18 PM
I hope you add "Realms of Cthulhu" to your list Rob. I really don't think it will be that difficult, as there are just a handful of additions to skills, hindrances etc.
Kiros is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
tatteredking

Old July 5th, 2011, 07:00 AM
@Kiros - it's in the mix, after I finish Sundered Skies. We just need to add some additional functionality like Interests and, oh....Sanity...
tatteredking is offline   #7 Reply With Quote