Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

SAbel

Old June 22nd, 2014, 12:54 PM
Just received my copies of Super 2 and SciFi companion books can not wait to use them and looking forward to the HL sets, does anyone know if Lone Wolf will be doing material release since they have for purchase some of the companion material?
Also I am planning on integrating the (OLD) Justifiers RPG into the Sci Fi setting info once I look over the material.
Can not wait, plan on playing some SW at Gen Con anyone else going this year?
SAbel is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old June 22nd, 2014, 03:20 PM
I believe that CapedCrusader is working on them, and I also think that the project is somehow affiliated with Lone Wolf.

I have never played the Justifiers, but I almost bought it a few times as it looks cool.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old June 22nd, 2014, 07:05 PM
CapedCrusader has mentioned here before that he is a part-time employee of Lone Wolf and that his work on these Companions (SFC and SPC2) will be official LWD releases. I don't think it's been mentioned yet what the cost is for them might be but I expect they will be the same as for the other Companions.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old June 23rd, 2014, 02:33 PM
Thank you guys that helps, now to wait on the price.
SeeleyOne, from the man who wrote the justifiers game "Its a great game concept just shity rule mechanics" abbreviated from a conversation Gideon had several times. (He wrote and illustrated the game. The concept is a future run by mega corporation looking to explore space to gain more profits using genetically engineered life forms of human/animal DNA hybrids, written in the late 80s - 90s. The game was very simple but I had a lot of fun playing its just the rules always lacked and now using the setting with SW rules makes sense and the Sci-Fi book plays right into helping this develop.
SAbel is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old June 23rd, 2014, 03:12 PM
Yes, from what I read from the book descriptions Savage Worlds is a great system for it. I would love to see any data files that you come up with. The datafile for Deadlands is what sucked me into that setting.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old July 20th, 2014, 07:23 PM
CapedCrusader if there is any general type and add stuff that you need done for this let me know I have a few weeks open and would be willing to do some basic data imput to help out.
SAbel is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
BoomerET

Send a message via ICQ to BoomerET Send a message via Yahoo to BoomerET Send a message via Skype™ to BoomerET

Old September 16th, 2014, 09:40 PM
Two months, crickets...

Found this thread because Nova Praxis mentions the Sci-Fi companion, which I recently picked up from my FLGS on my Wed. night Weird Wars II campaign.

#OccupyFLGS

BoomerET

Castles & Crusades Ruleset for Hero Lab
Hero Lab (5E D&D) -> Fantasy Grounds Character Converter
BoomerET is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 17th, 2014, 12:33 PM
Boomer, I do this part time, and my day job got a bit insane over the summer and I didn't have a lot of extra time. I'm paddling as fast as I can.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder, SWADE Fantasy Companion
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Sci-Fi Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
dartnet
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 17th, 2014, 08:00 PM
Boomer good data files come to those who wait.
dartnet is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old September 17th, 2014, 08:22 PM
I would commit to making some data files myself, but I rarely have the time in any predictable amount.

Even the easier things take time to input. I personally verify that every single eval script indeed works, and I figure that most other people are likely to do the same. That also adds in a bit of time per item. Most things are fairly simple, but some of them are tricky until you can figure them out. Just check out the threads to get some examples of some eval scripts.

This past year things have really started to click with me, but I must confess that I have been learning to program in different languages as I pursue a Computer Science degree. While Hero Lab has its own language I have found that it has similarities to some of the languages that I have been using. The trick has been to access the data that I want. Reading through the source files really helps to see the logic and how it all works internally.

It is sad that I relax after doing homework, classes, and/or studying by playing around with Hero Lab. I probably could help someone from time to time. There are many tweaks that I have played around with, just because.

SeeleyOne is offline   #50 Reply With Quote