Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit

Notices

EightBitz

Old February 15th, 2018, 02:07 PM
I tried reviving my Numenera project. I started adding weapons. I figured I'd clean up some of the fields that don't seem to be needed in Numenera. Aaaaand that was a mistake.

I had to edit eleven files just to get to a point where I had no more errors. I wasn't expecting that, and as I was going, I was mainly just commenting things out in case I made any errors. I wasn't really fixing things as I want. I just wanted to get to a point where I had no more errors.

Now, if I want things to actually work properly, I have to go through all eleven of those files and fix things according to what fields I eliminated, and I'm not sure I'm up for that. I wish I'd made a backup before making extensive edits. I've lost my motivation again.

Anyone else have a working Numenera system they'd be willing to share?
EightBitz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 15th, 2018, 05:12 PM
Oof... no luck here. Have you considered using Source Control? I use Github to back up the system I'm working on. It's saved my bacon once or twice.
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old February 15th, 2018, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
Oof... no luck here. Have you considered using Source Control? I use Github to back up the system I'm working on. It's saved my bacon once or twice.
Yeah, I usually do that locally when working on something like this. Back up the folder when I get to a good spot, before meddling with it more. I just didn't.

Even if I was using github, I still would have had to commit changes. I'm the weakest link in the chain here, not the method. :-(
EightBitz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 16th, 2018, 06:59 AM
Hah... I know how that is. Particularly given the general philosophy of "Don't commit until you have something functional", which means I might have changes sitting for weeks...
Duggan is offline   #4 Reply With Quote