Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

kate

Old November 18th, 2014, 08:17 PM
I'm filling in a few mechanics articles and since some skills in PF have names that are also commonly used terms. The worst example is "Perform." Since creating a "Perform" topic I have been asked to link to it whenever I write "perform [an action]."

Is it possible to tell Realm-Works not to suggest linking to a specific topic, or even better to only link in a case-sensitive way (such that I can write 'Perform' when I mean the skill and 'perform' when I don't)?

I am currently considering renaming the topic to "Performance" or similar to avoid having to reject links.

EDIT: NM, it occurred to me to check the feature requests and it's on the radar. Cheers!

Last edited by kate; November 18th, 2014 at 08:21 PM.
kate is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
DaFranker

Old November 19th, 2014, 08:13 AM
rob has confirmed that overhauling the whole linking process is one of their relatively high priority things, in a different thread.

The gist of it seems to be that they want to give us more control over what will auto-link, what will never link, and possibly where and how. And then we should get options for turning on/off autolinking, auto-accepting certain links, never linking certain others, and so on.

In the meantime, my hack is to add a special character at the end of the page name. In this case, I'd rename the topic to "Perform*" or somesuch. Alternatively, you could go around calling this sort of pages "Perform (skill)" or "Dodge (feat)", though that feels like unnecessary typing when the category should already tell you what kind of thing it is...
DaFranker is offline   #2 Reply With Quote