Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

wdmartin

Old April 9th, 2015, 06:00 PM
I'm trying to add a Blodeuwedd to an portfolio, but I can't seem to find it in the encounter builder. I've got the community packs installed, and I found it in the editor with no problem. Do I need to import it manually from a stock file or something?
wdmartin is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old April 10th, 2015, 10:33 AM
I'm not familiar with the setup of the community files, but it is possible that they created the race but forgot to create a .stock portfolio for it. In which case you'll probably want to create your own.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
wdmartin

Old April 10th, 2015, 04:55 PM
You're right. I found the race definition in a file named "PFRPG_Bestiary - AP06 - Kingmaker.user" in my pathfinder data folder. The race apparently doesn't have a .stock version.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what needs to happen to create that file. A .stock is just a .por with a different extension, but I'm struggling to figure out how to create the initial .por. So far I've tried:

1) Using "import hero from portfolio" (before I realized it was a .user file). This didn't work.

2) Creating an unnamed hero and trying to change its race to blodeuwedd. This didn't work, because blodeuwedd isn't in the list of races.

3) Checked the encounter builder again -- still not there.

4) Opened the user file in the editor, selected the race definition and h it "test now". It said I could use "Blodeuwedd" within hero lab, but I still couldn't find it anywhere.

5) Tried copying the .user file from the game system data folder to the user data folder. Still couldn't find it in Hero Lab.

I'm struggling here. There's obviously some way to get a race that was defined in a .user file into a portfolio so that you can save it as a .por and rename to .stock. But I'll be switched if I can figure out how.
wdmartin is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old April 10th, 2015, 06:01 PM
Does the race have a source? If so, make sure that you have that source turned on for the current hero, and then choose blodeuwedd for your race.
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
wdmartin

Old April 10th, 2015, 07:12 PM
Ah ha! That did the trick. I was able to make an unnamed hero, change its race to Blodeuwedd, then save it as a .stock file, and it showed up in the encounter builder after restarting Hero Lab.

Thanks! Sometimes it's the simple things you overlook.
wdmartin is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old April 10th, 2015, 07:14 PM
Happy to help.
Aaron is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 12th, 2015, 09:41 AM
We don't have the stock files for Monsters included in the actual GM Pack download. At last count we are at 1gig of data files and no way does everyone want to download that every month.

So please remember the Encounter files (has .por and .stock files) are located HERE on d20pfsrd. Its broken up by AP and Module.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote