Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Website Support > Website Problems, Comments and Suggestions

Notices

rudyhenkel

Old January 24th, 2016, 10:41 AM
Hello,

A week ago I updated the herolab software (not a package, but the software itself) on both my primary and secondary devices. On the primary device everything worked fine, but on the secondary device it asked me to active/reactive my license. Upon attempting either, I get a message that the license cannot be reassigned for 120 days (which makes no sense because it's the same device it was on before). I clicked and requested early license reassignment, but have not heard back in the 8 days since.

Any advice on fixing this problem so that I can actually use my secondary license would be appreciated.

Thanks,
rudyhenkel is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 25th, 2016, 07:58 AM
Hi there,

I checked our tech support records, and it looks like we replied to your initial email on January 16th, and you then followed up with them yesterday. Our support staff will get back to you on your reply once they get in today.

Thanks,

Colen
Colen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rudyhenkel

Old January 25th, 2016, 03:12 PM
Yeah, my face is red, I'm sorry. It was an issue where it went to my spam folder.

BUT, the staff has gotten back to me today, and the issue has been resolved successfully!

Thank you for an excellent product, and excellent service.
rudyhenkel is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
lortondm

Old January 30th, 2016, 08:28 AM
Is anyone available at Lone Wolf to do a license reassignment fix for me today or by tomorrow around noon?

I did a windows repair install at Microsoft's instruction to fix a Windows 10 glitch and while that worked, it left me with the Hero Lab license reassignment problem.

I really don't want to have to cancel a session for a program that should be able to withstand a windows change like that. None of my other software stopped working.

Thanks for any help. Really don't want to wait for Monday for it to be fixed, that will be too late. Thanks
lortondm is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old January 30th, 2016, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lortondm View Post
Is anyone available at Lone Wolf to do a license reassignment fix for me today or by tomorrow around noon?

I did a windows repair install at Microsoft's instruction to fix a Windows 10 glitch and while that worked, it left me with the Hero Lab license reassignment problem.
Just as a short term suggestion, do you have a spare unused license that you could allocate to the PC?
Farling is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
lortondm

Old January 30th, 2016, 09:58 AM
Thanks, that's kind of sub-optimal since it's not unused, just on an infrequently used computer. But I could try it. Thanks for the idea. If I do that and then want to use Herolab on the disused computer, once the license reassignment takes place will that just work on that computer or will I then need to do license reassignment on that computer too, do you know?
lortondm is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 2nd, 2016, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lortondm View Post

I really don't want to have to cancel a session for a program that should be able to withstand a windows change like that. None of my other software stopped working.

Thanks for any help. Really don't want to wait for Monday for it to be fixed, that will be too late. Thanks
@lortondm, it looks like I responded to your license reassignment request on Saturday. Is everything good to go now?
liz is offline   #7 Reply With Quote