Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

clavin123

Old December 15th, 2018, 09:21 PM
Sorry if I missed this in another thread, though I searched.

Is there a way to add a bonus to a tool with which a character is proficient?

The only things I seem able to add to a tool are proficiency or double proficiency (aka expertise).

What if I wanted to create a character who had a +2 bonus (on top of proficiency) when playing the Flute? Any way to get the bonus listed with the tool to be Proficiency +2?

(I am reasonably comfortable with the editor, but can't seem to find a field, like exists as the bonus for each skill, to which I can simply incrementally add +2. Am I missing it?)

Thanks.
clavin123 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old December 16th, 2018, 04:43 AM
Technically you *should* be able to do something like the following:

Code:
foreach pick in hero from Tool where "thingid.gTooThieve"
    eachpick.field[Bonus].value += 1
nexteach
as long as your timing is right, it *should* do the trick. (usually post-level 10000 and before Calc skProfBon works for tools and skills).

It doesn't and I'm not sure why. If you right-click the tool skill in your list and look at field histories you can see that a field called "actName" is updated at Render/30000. This is a LW side script that we can't look into, but I'm going to guess that the name that gets generated isn't looking at any bonus or penalty fields.

It might be worth the time to open a trouble ticket with LW to see what's happening and if it can be modified.

Tool proficiencies are weird.
dungeonguru is offline   #2 Reply With Quote