Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

manchuwook

Old August 6th, 2019, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
How many tags are you trying to import? The amount of time you've spent why not just use the built in UI?
I'd have to do it over a few hours, it's a highly repetitive motion for 160+ tags. For some reason, it gives me headaches and shakey hands. Normally I'd use automation to do it, but my licence for WinAutomation expired. Plus, it is for future work - I may have more tags than traits.

I am Jacks Matrix Action Custom Output - Grammarly Invite Code

Last edited by manchuwook; August 6th, 2019 at 04:46 AM.
manchuwook is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old August 6th, 2019, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
It's a shame that they don't support the standard semantics of UUIDs, because then they can be created as guaranteed unique since each UUID would included an encoded date/time when it was created.
That's beyond my scope of knowledge. I'm just going off of what I recall them saying in the past.
EightBitz is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old August 6th, 2019, 01:54 PM
It would be great to be able to manage tags in a batch-like way... Let's hope someone from LWD can clarify

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
manchuwook

Old August 7th, 2019, 04:35 AM
It looks like RFC 4122 so I'll give that one a shot.
Nevermind - it has a 5 starting on the 3rd group.
Maybe I'll just do a string replace on 4s.

Last edited by manchuwook; August 7th, 2019 at 05:10 AM.
manchuwook is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old August 7th, 2019, 06:12 AM
That's the version number, assuming it is RFC 4122, which it should be. version 5 is a hash of the timestamp from earlier versions. Version 4 is a pseudo random number.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old August 7th, 2019, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by manchuwook View Post
It looks like RFC 4122 so I'll give that one a shot.
Nevermind - it has a 5 starting on the 3rd group.
Maybe I'll just do a string replace on 4s.
I'm fairly sure that Realm Works doesn't follow the RFC. They use the same grouping of digits, but that's the only similarity.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old August 7th, 2019, 02:16 PM
If there are no security concerns - its just a unique id I suppose? Maybe they can share the information on how to do it...

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old August 7th, 2019, 03:46 PM
Quote:
I'm fairly sure that Realm Works doesn't follow the RFC. They use the same grouping of digits, but that's the only similarity.
Why do you think that? It seems bizarre that they wouldn't just use the standard library call to get a GUID, GUID.NewGuid() in C#. Now I've been unable to find anything saying what standard that uses so it could be some MS specific thing.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old August 7th, 2019, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
Why do you think that? It seems bizarre that they wouldn't just use the standard library call to get a GUID, GUID.NewGuid() in C#. Now I've been unable to find anything saying what standard that uses so it could be some MS specific thing.
When I first started writing the Import tool I tried examining the UUID pattern that RW was using, and I couldn't marry up the UUIDs in the RW export files to any particular RFC-based UUID pattern.

My hope was that I could use the UUID pattern that included the date/time of creation of the UUID in order to create what would be a guaranteed UUID for the generated import tool. But without a guarantee that RW uses standard UUID patterns I wasn't able to guarantee that any self-generated UUIDs wouldn't conflict in the future with a UUID created internally by RW.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
manchuwook

Old August 8th, 2019, 03:57 AM
Quote:
When I first started writing the Import tool I tried examining the UUID pattern that RW was using, and I couldn't marry up the UUIDs in the RW export files to any particular RFC-based UUID pattern.

My hope was that I could use the UUID pattern that included the date/time of creation of the UUID in order to create what would be a guaranteed UUID for the generated import tool. But without a guarantee that RW uses standard UUID patterns I wasn't able to guarantee that any self-generated UUIDs wouldn't conflict in the future with a UUID created internally by RW.
True, but I think there are a few thoughts on that. If the number were incremental, that means there is a way to convert it to a long number and just do one that is lower (milliseconds - 000, minutes - 60, hours - 60, days - 30, years - 12, decades - 3 (or at least back to 1-1-1970 if it was Microsoft). After all, the content markets and sharing a .rwstructure file between computers and even between realms on the same computer, the UUIDs might have collisions there, too.

This is all pure speculation for me, but at the very least, you should be able to do a partial by checking doing an export of the one you're importing to. Just run an XPath of //@global_uuid on your rwstructure file to list them out, find the smallest UUID's number, and make your imports significantly lower. Though there might also be stuff like a change in one of the of sets that states whether it is a tag, partition, facet, or whatnot.

Last edited by manchuwook; August 8th, 2019 at 04:02 AM.
manchuwook is offline   #20 Reply With Quote