Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

The GIT!

Old July 28th, 2019, 07:11 AM
Hi CapedCrusader - I finally managed to get my browser to let me upload a sample file. Sorry this took so long. Hopefully this will show the issues I am having with the Official Companions when using the Settings Rules options.
Attached Files
File Type: email Sample Character - The GIT.por (128.6 KB, 3 views)
The GIT! is offline   #431 Reply With Quote
peteday124

Old December 15th, 2019, 10:56 AM
I just installed HeroLab on my new computer. After re-downloading all the updates and game systems I tried opening the Savage Worlds system. I keep getting an "Unrecoverable infinite loop detected" error every time I open it and every time I try to change anything.
peteday124 is offline   #432 Reply With Quote
einhager

Old January 12th, 2020, 01:29 PM
I've created a video that shows when you're selecting any of the Settings options in the Savage Worlds that describes what The GIT! is explaining as issues. The character was created with specific Settings Rules turned on but any or all will end up with the same results.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!ApvQ0aipBcaX-nb7...5BP50?e=FEGs8s

At 2:53, I turn off the Setting Rules and elements like Arcane can now be chosen which were not available when they were turned on. With any Settings Rules turned on there is a conflict somewhere that's preventing users from completing arcane spell users or selecting/choosing other aspects of the character. There are other issues like the Companion books not showing accurate information or missing information entirely when Settings Rules are turned on.

Another issue we've found, when picking Spear for range, in the SW Deluxe Edition handbook, the damage is listed as Str+d6, in Hero Lab, range damage is listed as Str+d4 which is incorrect.

This has been an issue for months now with no fix. It's either create characters without Setting Rules with no issues or do not use Hero Lab when using Setting Rules. Somewhere along the way, an update broke Setting Rules.
Attached Files
File Type: email Test.por (12.2 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by einhager; January 12th, 2020 at 04:04 PM. Reason: additional information added
einhager is offline   #433 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 12th, 2020, 11:04 PM
Well, the thing is... I go through the exact same steps and it does not duplicate for me here. I tried three times. I also opened that Test.por and I can't make the arcane powers disappear. The reason I have not addressed it is because I have not been able to duplicate the problem, and I tried to when this was reported before. And I will keep trying.

One issue Hero Lab can have is that it is open-ended and flexible. As such it is susceptible to issues related to outside modifications. And my Setting files are as guilty of this as anyone's. But that is the first place I look when I run into issues relating to differences between installations.

Now, one thing I see that is different between our systems is that I do not have the Achtung! Cthulhu setting loaded. Do me a favor and remove/rename the files associated with that Setting and see if the problem persists. You can always put them back/re-download them later. (If this is a concern, renaming by changing the .user file to something like .usex temporarily might be preferable, and don't forget any .1st files also.)

But tell me - if you re-open that test file right now, and enable any of the Setting Rules, do the powers still disappear from the selection list on you? I opened here and it seems to work fine. Argh! I wish this would break for me so I can fix it!

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #434 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old January 12th, 2020, 11:19 PM
OK, hang on.
I just noticed something odd.
When you first select Fantasy Companion, Multiple Languages, and Replace with Athletics, and hit OK, the Group and Faction windows appear displaying Nationality and MOS. These look like they are from the WWII Setting file. There is no reason for those to be active. And that does not happen on my end.

It looks like your .user files got scrambled somehow. I would say remove all .user and associated .1st files, check to see that the those panels don't re-appear like that, and then re-download and re-install them one by one.

_
_
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane

Last edited by CapedCrusader; January 13th, 2020 at 11:24 AM.
CapedCrusader is offline   #435 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old January 13th, 2020, 05:33 PM
Pete, are you still having problems? I see no one ever answered you.

_
_
CapedCrusader is offline   #436 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old January 13th, 2020, 05:34 PM
GIT, your issue is likely similar to Einhager.

_
_
CapedCrusader is offline   #437 Reply With Quote
einhager

Old January 17th, 2020, 03:43 PM
Hey CapedCrusader,

Based on your suggestions, I see the error that you've pointed out. By removing the custom-made Achtung Cthulhu user file, it appears to have restored full functionality to Hero Lab as far as I can tell.
einhager is offline   #438 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old January 18th, 2020, 09:25 AM
I think Endtransmission was the author on that file so maybe he can take a closer look at the file if you PM him about it and see if he can figure out where the problem is on it.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #439 Reply With Quote
dartnet

Old May 12th, 2020, 12:05 PM
Okay, 1st SWADE bug. Elderly in SWADE dose not reduce Strength and Vigor instead it gives a -1 to Agility, Strength, and Vigor rolls. SWADE p24
dartnet is offline   #440 Reply With Quote