Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion > Realm Works Early Access Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

DeckOfManyThings

Old August 14th, 2013, 07:20 AM
I made a new Topic Category and then added Category Structure points to it. Then after deciding I didn't like the way it was laying out, went to delete things. First I tried deleting the Categories under the Topic, but the DELETE option was greyed out. After becoming frustrated, I attempted to "scorched earth" approach the problem and wanted to delete the Topic Category itself and found that that too was greyed out for the DELETE option.

I've encountered this elsewhere. While editing the Tags for Race for instance, I am unable to delete the existing ones or even new ones I add (one of the three new ones I am able to delete however). I am able to delete tags I added to the Gender Tag Domain, however, but not the default Male and Female tags.
DeckOfManyThings is offline   #1
Precisi

Old August 14th, 2013, 07:23 AM
Try deleting/moving any snippets that are active under the category you want to remove. I haven't tried altering the structure recently, but in the past, anytime I couldn't delete a category it was because I still had snippets under it.
Precisi is offline   #2
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 14th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Once you create topics that reference a category, you can't delete that category until you delete all the topics built upon it. The same logic applies to other elements, such as section types, snippet types, tag domains, and tags.

Also, you're not allowed to delete any of the built-in category and tag structure that is pre-created for you. If you don't want any of those pieces to show up, you can click the "Shown" checkbox next to an item and it will thereafter be hidden.

For example, to delete the "Female" gender tag:
1. Go to the Manage Tags interface
2. Select the Gender domain and then the Female tag
3. Uncheck the "Shown" checkbox that appears for the tag
4. Click the Save button button at the top

When you return to your topics, the "Female" gender choice will not appear for selection. You can do the same thing for races and other tags that you don't want to utilize in your world.

Hope this helps!
rob is offline   #3
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old August 14th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
When you return to your topics, the "Female" gender choice will not appear for selection. You can do the same thing for races and other tags that you don't want to utilize in your world.
What if I have two Realms and one has Elves, but not Vulcans, and the second is the other way round? Basically, would that be on a per Realm basis?

Quote:
Hope this helps!
Yes indeed. *nods*
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #4
DeckOfManyThings

Old August 14th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Once you create topics that reference a category, you can't delete that category until you delete all the topics built upon it. The same logic applies to other elements, such as section types, snippet types, tag domains, and tags.

Also, you're not allowed to delete any of the built-in category and tag structure that is pre-created for you. If you don't want any of those pieces to show up, you can click the "Shown" checkbox next to an item and it will thereafter be hidden.

For example, to delete the "Female" gender tag:
1. Go to the Manage Tags interface
2. Select the Gender domain and then the Female tag
3. Uncheck the "Shown" checkbox that appears for the tag
4. Click the Save button button at the top

Hope this helps!
I am stuck on step 3. There is no "Shown" checkbox for the Female tag, only for the entire Gender Domain.
DeckOfManyThings is offline   #5
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old August 14th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeckOfManyTHings View Post
I am stuck on step 3. There is no "Shown" checkbox for the Female tag, only for the entire Gender Domain.
Same here!
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #6
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 14th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod Beebledoc View Post
What if I have two Realms and one has Elves, but not Vulcans, and the second is the other way round? Basically, would that be on a per Realm basis?
Each of your realms is separate from the others. So you can make independent changes in different realms without worry about the impact on other realms.
rob is offline   #7
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 14th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeckOfManyThings View Post
Doh! Well, it looks like that feature didn't get included in the EA release. I thought it was in there and didn't double-check it due to the late hour.

So it appears that you can't currently hide individual tags. However, that's definitely going to be added, and it will work as I outlined above.

Sorry for the confusion. I really need to get some sleep one of these days. But tomorrow morning the doors open at GenCon, so that won't be happening for awhile still...
rob is offline   #8