Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion > Realm Works Early Access Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

lfseeney

Old August 13th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Looking at the RW tool, I can see how to build up a Campaign.

At least parts of it

If I was wanting to build just a single adventure to bundle for others is there a trick to that or is it just tagging all the parts together?

May not be saying it right,

If say I was importing a module, is there a way to package it so I could give that to a friend and just give them that Module.

Or would I need to start a new Realm and put it all there.
If it is this way is there a way to Merge that into an existing Campaign then?

I think in modules or discreet story arcs then add triggers and hooks to blend them, looking at RW I do not see where those can be combined or broken off.

If not it just changes how I look at building stuff is all.

Thanks for the help,
may have just missed the blinking light
lfseeney is offline   #1
zarlor

Old August 13th, 2013, 07:10 PM
I'm not sure, but personally so far I've set up that kind of thing as a separate Realm. I'm not sure if they've let us know for sure how that level of sharing will really work just yet.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #2
lfseeney

Old August 13th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Thanks, just curious.
lfseeney is offline   #3
Precisi

Old August 13th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Right now you can't do that in Realm Works as it is in our hands, but I do know that there were discussions beta side and I know that they've mentioned a few times about keeping in mind that people want to import pieces/modules, so they're planning around that eventual functionality. Speaking as just one of the beta testers I'm pretty sure that you won't need to create a whole new realm to share content every time.

That said, they've strongly urged everyone to try to stay inside the outlined structure when possible if you plan to share material with the community, so that it will be more consistent to other's campaigns/realms when they integrate your contributions.
Precisi is offline   #4
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 13th, 2013, 10:40 PM
You will be able to designate subsets of information within your realm for sharing with others. So you don't need to split up separate realms and can leave it all in one big realm. That being said, if you separate things out to some extent, it will be simpler to share the content, because it will be easy to identify all the pieces to be included. Either approach will work fine.
rob is offline   #5
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old August 14th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Rob, that touches on something I've been thinking of.

One of the realms I will be building contains my own content and other peoples. (I will mark my own content with a tag I think...)

When we get to the stage where content can be shared, will the content be pulled out into a separate realm that can then be shared?
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #6
lfseeney

Old August 14th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Can we just Add new areas like the Story and World Sections?
That way we could make each Module in one but still keep it linked to the rest?

Just a thought.
lfseeney is offline   #7
thedarkelf007

Send a message via MSN to thedarkelf007 Send a message via Yahoo to thedarkelf007

Old August 14th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Use the tags.

Create a tag for the module you want and link all the content you create for that module to that tag.

Working on - SW RPG d6 or add this source Update Souce and SW RPG FFG and More FFG SW not working yet
Author of Realms Works Guides
Blog writer at thedarkelf007.home.blog/
thedarkelf007 is offline   #8
Silveras

Old August 14th, 2013, 07:29 PM
There's still room to experiment to find the way that works for you.

I created a topic for "Adventures", where I put the introductory materials and overviews. Any content that is primarily part of that adventure, I use the Containing Topic feature to make it part of that Adventure. If there are things like locations that might be re-used, I separate them and make them children of the other topics (such as Regions).

In the end, the options will change as more functionality becomes available.

If the Repository, and Publisher participation, grows as described as a goal, then we will someday be able to a) purchase individual adventures as realms (or realmworks data packages of some sort) and b) share our own creations similarly. In the meantime, I am considering everything I enter as a "for now" design, subject to possible revision when more options are available.
Silveras is offline   #9