Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathizsias

Old February 26th, 2015, 01:42 PM
Hello,

Recently I've noticed that making adjustments in a full sheet or in the tactical console, makes for a laggy experience. I had 5 pc's, 4 npc's and a few vehicles in the tactical console open. But whenever I changed a stat it would lag out for a bit, a delay of 3-4 seconds.

Obviously I figured that it may have been the performance of my working device. But I have some serious doubts about that being the issue: i5-4300u, 8GB, 256gb - Surface Pro 3. When we're in session, I hardly run anything else but HeroLab.

Any idea how I can troubleshoot this? The problem doesn't exist for the Pathfinder gamesystem (or at least not to the extent of SR5).
Mathizsias is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 26th, 2015, 02:14 PM
Turn off as many characters as you can - start with the vehicle tabs, and see if there's any that aren't in this combat and can be turned off.

It's not adjustment specific - it's that Hero Lab re-calculates the entire portfolio any time there's a change, and a 9 character portfolio is something that would slow my computer down, too.

There are some differences in the sort of calculations that need to be made that mean there's a different average time to recalculate each character that varies from game system to game system.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathizsias

Old February 26th, 2015, 02:26 PM
Any fast way to exempt vehicles from the tactical console? Removing by hand is a bit tedious. I see this performance hitch on single portfolio's too, while adjust a attribute for example.

Nope that didn't fix it, Delete Multiple under the tactical console shows the pc's and npc's, but not the 'nested' vehicles.

Last edited by Mathizsias; February 26th, 2015 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Delete multiple doesn't show vehicles
Mathizsias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 26th, 2015, 02:35 PM
Go to the Vehicle tab on the character who owns the vehicle, and un-check the vehicle's checkbox.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathizsias

Old March 3rd, 2015, 10:03 AM
Tactical console feature request! Ignore vehicles, mounts, etc..?

Just now noticed, that this topic looks a little like either of us is having a conversation with ourselves/an alter ego. Nice meeting ya, Mathias. :P
Mathizsias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
nylanfs

Old March 9th, 2015, 06:46 PM
Well I've met Mathias, and I'm pretty sure he's not the evil one ...

Paul "Yes that Paul" Grosse
PCGen BoD - PR Silverback
Forums: Nylanfs (or Nylan)

Hero Lab Shadowrun 4E & 5e user
nylanfs is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 12th, 2015, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathizsias View Post
Tactical console feature request! Ignore vehicles, mounts, etc..?

Just now noticed, that this topic looks a little like either of us is having a conversation with ourselves/an alter ego. Nice meeting ya, Mathias. :P
Shadowrun already has the ability to ignore vehicles, spirits, and other minions - each of them has a checkbox that you can uncheck to make that minion non-live, so you can choose on a minion-by-minion basis which ones to hide.
Mathias is offline   #7 Reply With Quote