Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

pyremius

Old August 17th, 2014, 08:04 AM
While describing Realm Works to a couple friends over the weekend (somehow talked both of them into buying it, even though I don't think either runs games???) we came up with the following series of possible new features.

Flag topics with no content. Useful during the early stages of development if you're using quick-create: easily see which topics are nothing more then a name.

Player-added notes as annotation for snippets. I'm not entirely sure what this one is about (we were trying to navigate the Dealer's room while I was taking notes). I'm sure it was meant to be analogous to the GM notes, but I don't recall when it would come up as a useful feature - maybe someone on the forums can rediscover the use for it?

Scripts for automatic reveal changes (an associate knows specific details about future locations). As an example: the party befriends an urchin shortly after arriving in a new town. This urchin knows some information about a number of people and places around town. Instead of having to keep the urchin's Topic open and cross-reference it constantly to know what information the players are given, create a script of some sort within the urchin's Topic which can be run to reveal preselected Snippets from multiple Topics at once.

Split-screen for Topics. Show two Topics side-by-side.

Per-character reveal of Truth levels. I don't know if this is planned, but allow Truth to be revealed on a per-character basis. For instance, most Characters believe George to be Human, but Character C actually knows that George is in fact a Half-Orc. (Players A and B have "Human" revealed, while Player C has "Human", "Human (partial Truth)", and "Half-Orc" revealed).

Character reveal of Snippets they already know. Character A overhears a Snippet of information and wants to share it with Character B (but maybe not Character C). Currently will be able to be accomplished by asking the GM to reveal the information.

Character reveal of Snippets, but with the capability to reveal false information. Not sure if this is easily possible, since it amounts to allowing the players to create new Snippets, including Truth level and possibly GM Notes.

NPC reveal (sub-menu for list of people). Beyond revealing Snippets to the Characters, it would be useful to leverage that mechanic to track what details are known by what NPCs. Currently, most of that has to be done by making Snippets within the People Topic for that NPC. One significant complication is how to reveal that the NPC knows the information (Reveal the Revealed status?) That's becoming a bit circular, but I suppose it will eventually apply to the PCs as well.
pyremius is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old August 17th, 2014, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Player-added notes as annotation for snippets. I'm not entirely sure what this one is about (we were trying to navigate the Dealer's room while I was taking notes). I'm sure it was meant to be analogous to the GM notes, but I don't recall when it would come up as a useful feature - maybe someone on the forums can rediscover the use for it?
I have mixed emotions. It creates a two-way street for the data. More importantly, it provides the PLAYER perception of the snippet. But it could also break down into metagaming or screwing around really quickly.
AEIOU is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old August 17th, 2014, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyremius View Post
Flag topics with no content. Useful during the early stages of development if you're using quick-create: easily see which topics are nothing more then a name.
Isn't this already implemented? I thought one of the updates now auto-tags new topics as incomplete or unfinished or something? If not, you can set that up yourself.

In the "Manage" section, create a new tag named whatever you want. "Incomplete", "New", "Empty", whatever.

In the world or story almanac, click the "Tag" icon and check "Enable Automatic Assigning of Tags to New Content."

Then add the tag you defined.
EightBitz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote