Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

mindxing

Old December 29th, 2020, 07:43 AM
I purchased the Gamemastery Guide content and now I'd like to create a new NPC based off of one of the NPCs listed in that guide. In particular, I want to create a Tomb Raider NPC and then modify it.

I've tried creating a new "Detailed Monster or NPC Using Gamemastery Guide". What I get is a completely blank character. When I try to pick the Ancestry, the only option is "Custom NPC".

This is exactly the same behavior I saw before I purchased the Gamemastery Guide so as far as I can tell, I didn't get any benefit by purchasing that content.

Is what I'm trying to do possible? If so, how do I do it?

On a similar note, I also want to create NPCs that are not one of the player character ancestries. For example, I want to create a ratfolk rogue, a tiefling adept, and a dhampir wizard. How can I do this in HLO?
mindxing is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old December 29th, 2020, 03:19 PM
The Tomb Raider is an NPC, but it's not an Ancestry. To make a tweaked version, instead of "Create Character", use "Import from Vault", then you can modify that copy for your new NPC.

If you want to use NPC Ancestries from a source like a Bestiary, Lost Omens book, AP or the like, having the source checked in Settings will give you access to those. One oddity, though, is that since there's no generic NPC statblock for the Core Book Ancestries if you want to make a new Human, Elf, Dwarf, etc., NPC you have to start with a Custom Ancestry, which is understandable but not intuitive.

The GMG NPC builder is extremely flexible; you should be able to use a Custom Ancestry to make any NPC you want, between the options in Customize Ancestry and Permanent Adjustments. If you want to make a PC-style one, it's more difficult because you don't get Customize Ancestry, but you can still do a lot with Adjustments.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #2 Reply With Quote