Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

Canis

Send a message via MSN to Canis

Old June 14th, 2012, 12:33 PM
If you purchase subsonic ammo for a weapon, HL factors in the range reduction even if that ammo isn't loaded. For example I have a predator 4 with regular, gel and subsonic ammo purchased. Regardless of which one I load, the range is still reduced. When I remove the subsonic ammo the range returns to normal.
Canis is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Canis

Old June 14th, 2012, 01:32 PM
When adding improved ability: infiltration adept power as an advance on a character with the Catlike quality, the adept power has no affect
Canis is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Peter Smith

Old June 14th, 2012, 01:37 PM
The College Education and Technical School Education Positive Qualities aren't adding their bonuses to their respective Knowledge Skills.
Peter Smith is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 14th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canis View Post
When adding improved ability: infiltration adept power as an advance on a character with the Catlike quality, the adept power has no affect
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Smith View Post
The College Education and Technical School Education Positive Qualities aren't adding their bonuses to their respective Knowledge Skills.
Check the Help menu...Shadowrun FAQ - there's an item in there that may be relevant to both your questions. I suspect you're both running into the limit on augmented ratings that apply to skills (1.5x base rating, rounded down).
Mathias is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Canis

Old June 14th, 2012, 01:57 PM
My adept character has Stealth 6 so improved ability 2 and catlike should reach modified maximum but the second factor isn't being applied when added as an advancement
Canis is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Canis

Old June 14th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Fetch agents are being counted against processor limit when the 'show' box against its entry in the agents and independent program's section is deselected. The whole point of the fetch module is to run the agent on another 'device'.

Also the Fetch agent has the virtual person program which requires something specifying but you can't edit the program to specify it. Only way to get rid of the error is to turn of the virtual person
Canis is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 14th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Fetch agents are being counted against processor limit when the 'show' box against its entry in the agents and independent program's section is deselected. The whole point of the fetch module is to run the agent on another 'device'.
When I add a commlink and add a fetch module to that commlink, then on the fetch agent, choose where the agent is running, I have the option of running the agent on either the commlink or on the fetch module. It sounds like you chose to run it on the commlink and not on the module.
Mathias is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 14th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Also the Fetch agent has the virtual person program which requires something specifying but you can't edit the program to specify it. Only way to get rid of the error is to turn of the virtual person
Is this a creation/advancement issue? As a workaround, can you switch to creation mode long enough to make the change?
Mathias is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Canis

Old June 14th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Because Virtual Person is already there when you open up the Fetch Agent it can't be changed as there's no edit button for virtual person.

I've tried that already, doesnt matter if it's the fetch module, the commlink or a completely different device (other 'link) it still counts against processor limit if the 'show' box is unchecked
Canis is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 14th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Because Virtual Person is already there when you open up the Fetch Agent it can't be changed as there's no edit button for virtual person.
As I asked, is this a creation/advancement issue? Are you testing this in advancement mode or in creation mode? Have you looked at whether it works correctly in the other mode?

Is it a functional work-around to switch to creation mode, switch to the agent, enter some text, and then return to advancement mode?
Mathias is offline   #20 Reply With Quote