Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

jewbacca331

Old February 29th, 2016, 02:34 PM
I am building the Cleric PrC Church Inquisitor and it has the Inquisition domain.

I built the Domain in the Cleric Domain tab, but I don't know where to go from here. I need it to pop up in the character sheet tab for Church Inquisitor, but I cannot figure out how to do it. I would also like it to be the only choice from the selection menu and not show any other Domains.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.
jewbacca331 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
jewbacca331

Old February 29th, 2016, 05:04 PM
Okay, so I figured out how to get it listed. My new question is where to assign the spells I have built so they are options on the domain spells list.
jewbacca331 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old March 1st, 2016, 01:20 AM
If you need to use an existing spell: Make a "new (copy)" of each spell you need. Select your domain under "Spell Class", and remove all other Classes/Domains/etc (eg Cleric, etc). Mark the check box "Domain spell". This should make this "copy" show up on the specified domain list.
If you are using a custom spell, you won't need to remove other 'spell classes'.
Dami is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
jewbacca331

Old March 1st, 2016, 09:37 AM
So I did that and I think I know where the break is.

Here is my workflow as of now...

1. Class Tab: Create Custom Class "Church Inquisitor"
2. Class Level Tab: Automatically built by App
3. Cleric Domain Tab: Built Inquisition
4. Custom Ability Tab: Built Inquisition as an ability to show the +4 to dispell bonus you get from it.
5. Set it at Level 1 to get the Inquisition Custom Ability so it pops up, but I don't think I have actually linked the Domain to the Church Inquisitor Custom Cass because I have no idea where that would be.

I hope that makes sense.

Problem is not being able to link the Inquisition to level 1 of the Church inquisitor which I think is why the spells are not showing up as options.

My work around

I hope that makes sense.
jewbacca331 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
jewbacca331

Old March 1st, 2016, 12:41 PM
UPDATE: Copied the Cleric Class and started from scratch. I now have the option to choose a domain for the Church Inquisitor, but when I click on it it says there is nothing to choose from. .I am missing some connecting value here and I have no idea what it is.
jewbacca331 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 1st, 2016, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewbacca331 View Post
UPDATE: Copied the Cleric Class and started from scratch. I now have the option to choose a domain for the Church Inquisitor, but when I click on it it says there is nothing to choose from. .I am missing some connecting value here and I have no idea what it is.
By coping the Cleric you made a WHOLE new class. HL has no idea that it use to be a cleric class. HL works off of Tags not names and the Domains are tagged to sClass.cHelpClr but your class has a tag of cHelpXXX (xxx is an example as I don't know what three letters you used). So they are NOT tied together in any current way from the point of view of the software.

You would need to set the "Allow Class Abilities..." to tell HL that your "new" class can take Cleric options (ie domains).

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
jewbacca331

Old March 1st, 2016, 04:04 PM
that totally worked!

my next question is how do I make the Domain spells from the other prestige classes show up as choices in the spell book for the Cleric to choose from?

The friend I am building this for is a Cleric/Church Inquisitor/Contemplative.

He has Sun and Healing for his Cleric choices, Inquisition for Church Inquisitor, and Purification for Contemplative.
jewbacca331 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
LordTharin

Old March 13th, 2016, 05:37 PM
I have added the Church Inquisitor to my Complete Divine User file but when I update I have to rebuild it. Is there a way to merge my file with the updates, Or is there someone I can send my file to get included in an update.

Thank you
William
LordTharin is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
jewbacca331

Old September 4th, 2016, 12:33 PM
Hello, all. Just checking in. I am building another PrC for my brother in law and he wants to go Contemplative as a prestige class. All of this works, however, the spells for the Time Domain do not show up on the Domain spells list. It only show the spells for the initial two domains he chose at the beginning Family and Purification.

What do I have to modify for the Time domain spells to be added to the Domain Spells list on the cleric tab in HeroLab?
jewbacca331 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old September 4th, 2016, 03:15 PM
Question was already answered by Dami upthread
Illyahr is offline   #10 Reply With Quote