Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

DeckOfManyThings

Old August 20th, 2013, 08:12 PM
After putting in all the equipment and stats into the Mechanics reference, I realized that there is no reason to keep this info from my players, it's all in the core rulebook anyway.

I wanted to reveal all the topics and all the snippets to an entire topic category at once, and could find no way to do so. I could only open each individual topic and click on every blue sphere to turn them green for every snippet. Tedious. I just wanted a "quick reveal all" option somewhere.
DeckOfManyThings is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 21st, 2013, 07:27 AM
Go to a topic, select the tools button on the topic, Reveal All Snippets. Then just reveal the topic itself. Perhaps that will make it faster for you?
davidp is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dr_Automaton

Old August 21st, 2013, 07:28 AM
I haven't noticed a "reveal all topics" option under the categories, but in the General Tasks for each Topic and each Section, there are options to Reveal and Conceal All Snippets. I haven't played with them, but they might make things a bit easier for you in the future.

EDIT: Not a spy, eh? Then how'd you know I typing a reply and beat me to the punch, David?
Dr_Automaton is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 21st, 2013, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Automaton View Post
EDIT: Not a spy, eh? Then how'd you know I typing a reply and beat me to the punch, David?
Me thinks you have me confused with Kendall-DM.
davidp is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
DeckOfManyThings

Old August 21st, 2013, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidp View Post
Go to a topic, select the tools button on the topic, Reveal All Snippets. Then just reveal the topic itself. Perhaps that will make it faster for you?
Yes, but I'd love to be able to do this on the Category section as well.
DeckOfManyThings is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Dr_Automaton

Old August 21st, 2013, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidp View Post
Me thinks you have me confused with Kendall-DM.
Exactly what a spy would say. Thread ninja, then?

Last edited by Dr_Automaton; August 21st, 2013 at 10:19 AM.
Dr_Automaton is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 21st, 2013, 11:02 AM
Keep in mind also that our end goal for the Mechanics articles is that you'd be getting them as a package of some sort from the publisher of your game system for convenience, rather than hand entering all the data yourself. This data would likely come defaulted as all revealed, and it would be up to you the GM to conceal certain spells and rare items if you wanted player to have to discover them.
Joe is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Grey Mage

Old August 21st, 2013, 05:08 PM
That is something I think many of us are interested in, especially since it has already been mentioned that there would be some sort of announcement regarding this in the 'near' future...

Even just getting the early Christmas present of a thin slice of the SRD/PfRD information would be amazing. It would COULD provide a much needed TEMPLATE for the consistent entry of 'homebrew' data... Say a single monster/feat/spell/skill/wondrous item/class/race/piece of mundane equipment/deity/location. This might take a day (or even two) to create but would be something that would most likely (certainly to my mind) be of IMMENSE value to the EA release group (don't know what hidden mysteries the Beta group has already been initiated into)...

Would any others like to provide feedback as to its possible value to them???
Grey Mage is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Asandir

Old August 21st, 2013, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Mage View Post
That is something I think many of us are interested in, especially since it has already been mentioned that there would be some sort of announcement regarding this in the 'near' future...

Even just getting the early Christmas present of a thin slice of the SRD/PfRD information would be amazing. It would COULD provide a much needed TEMPLATE for the consistent entry of 'homebrew' data... Say a single monster/feat/spell/skill/wondrous item/class/race/piece of mundane equipment/deity/location. This might take a day (or even two) to create but would be something that would most likely (certainly to my mind) be of IMMENSE value to the EA release group (don't know what hidden mysteries the Beta group has already been initiated into)...

Would any others like to provide feedback as to its possible value to them???
Absolutely! +1

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
Asandir is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old August 22nd, 2013, 12:42 AM
Plus 1, plus 1!!
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #10 Reply With Quote