Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

Spack
Volunteer Data File Author

Old February 15th, 2011, 04:33 AM
An odd bug report on the AB40k site has popped up, and in looking into it further I've found I can get AB3.3 to load the roster correctly using the Load button on the game system dialog, but it won't load correctly using the File > Load roster option. Do these two load routines using different processing for handling the files? Is this an AB bug? Details including a roster file that is showing this glitch can be found here: http://www.ab40k.org/tracker.php?p=27&t=1952

Dan
AB40k Site Admin
http://www.ab40k.org - home of the AB40k maintainers
Spack is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
shaggai
Volunteer Data File Author

Old February 15th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Note I did some testing with the debug links on and found that there is a gnSpace with a priority of "10" and an visibility of yes(9999) and enablement of yes(9999). The unit in question does not even have this link and I guess that it is coming from somewhere else?

Note that the Pink Horrors also have that same type of text output on gnSpcAddUn - I was able to correct this by removing the ruleset.b_format from the live, but still doesn't affect the initial result when first loaded.

An additional note - when switching (any) ruleset to enabled and then disabled, the entire roster validated nominally.
shaggai is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 23rd, 2011, 09:38 AM
Ugh, this is weird. Thanks for the report - I'll take a look at this.
Colen is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 23rd, 2011, 12:06 PM
OK, after a bit of investigation. Is the intent of the "for AB 3.2" ruleset to be always enabled? If so, you should simply delete the "legality" expression of that ruleset ("ro_bFormat"), and this problem will go away. The legality expression is currently:

Code:
roster.?
Which strikes me as odd - if you want it to always be active, you can just specify no expression at all. Is there a reason you can't do this?

AB appears to be not selecting the ruleset properly when the file is loaded, which I'm investigating now. But I can't think of a reason you can't just delete the tag expression and have everything work.

Hope this helps!
Colen is offline   #4 Reply With Quote