Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 16th, 2015, 09:07 AM
Hi everyone,

Version 4.0 of the Savage Worlds data files, including the sci-fi companion, is now available! The Sci-Fi Companion can be added to your license on www.lonewolfdevel.com for $7.99. Here are a list of other changes in this release:

Enhancements & Changes
  • The Science Fiction Companion package is now available!
  • Custom Hindrances now display more nicely on printed character sheet output.

Bug Fixes
  • Added selectability to the Florentine Edge bonus.
  • Altered the Atlantean Race to match Savage Worlds Deluxe.
  • Added the Charisma modifier as permanent modifiers to the Persuasion and Streetwise Skills.
  • Altered the Buy and Sell templates to allow decimal values.

Fantasy Companion changes
  • Racial Edges now take the Adapatable Edge into account.

Thanks for everyone's patience while we got this release out! Work is now underway on getting the Super Powers Companion rules updated to the new version.

Last edited by Colen; November 16th, 2015 at 09:10 AM.
Colen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old November 16th, 2015, 01:01 PM
Yay, thanks! FYI the base update seems to be giving me a few vehicle errors in the unofficial Mars and Widening Gyre data files (those are from Dartnet, I believe) and I'm getting a TON of timing errors on some of my own official settings files on Edges (there may be more but I need to get through those first). I'll be trying to figure those out and see about getting updated files for everyone as soon as I can.

I'll work on updating those before I get this Companion loaded so it's also possible there may be further issues after I get the Sci-Fi Companion but I'll keep everyone up to date as I work my way through them as I get time.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
DigitalGM

Old November 16th, 2015, 05:10 PM
Great, a Hero Lab update that totally breaks all the files. Thanks. Is there a way I can revert to the old HL version?
DigitalGM is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old November 16th, 2015, 08:21 PM
I must be lucky, it only gave me two errors for timing from bootstrapped things.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 16th, 2015, 08:24 PM
The affected Setting Files are as follows:
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Noir, Deadlands: Reloaded, Evernight, High Space Starships, Hell On Earth: Reloaded, and Pirates of the Spanish Main.
I have altered versions available, the authors can contact me for replacements if they want to save themselves work, or anyone who wants to get a jump can also contact me.
There's a fixed Deadlands: Reloaded file available through Hero Lab, and we'll get the others set up in the next day or so.
Please forgive the slight hiccup while we arrange this.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old November 17th, 2015, 04:22 AM
Thanks CC! I'll get the ones for me up this morning. On the unofficial files I can add my personal Deadlands: Reloaded file still needs to be fixed as does dartnet's Accursed and Torg files.

For folks that still have files that are getting these errors if you don't absolutely need them you can temporarily move the .user files out of your ...Hero Lab/data/savage directory so the rest of your data files can load without errors.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old November 17th, 2015, 05:39 AM
Updates have been posted for 50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Noir, Hell On Earth: Reloaded, and Pirates of the Spanish Main. Evernight isn't an officially released file but if anyone had the download location from me then you can get the updated version of that from the same location. A big tanks to CC for doing the quick updates on those! Now I just need to fix my version of the DLR file...

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old November 17th, 2015, 06:42 AM
EDIT: Ignore the below. I just noticed there are checkbox entries on the character config screen for Cyberware, Robots and Ultra Tech. Duh. However you might want to updated the Edges that modify Strain like Cyber Tolerant and Cyberware to be dependent on that being checked.

Is cyberwear not implemented? I can't seem to find any and Strain doesn't show up as a derived trait. I did notice some of the Edges for it are there but I tried to make a base character and added the Cyber Toleraant Edge and receive the following error: "Attempt to access non-live child pick 'trSFStrnMx' from script
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'edgSFCyber' (Eval Script '#1') near line 2"

The "Heavy Gear" tab is awesome, though. I'll need to play with it more but having a way to make vehicles and such should be a great boon!

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually

Last edited by zarlor; November 17th, 2015 at 07:16 AM.
zarlor is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 17th, 2015, 08:33 AM
We went in a slightly different direction with this one.
In prior Settings, items that required a bootstrapped Skill or Attribute, we'd have you set up custom items for those that you wanted to use, and set up that bootstrap yourselves.
In the Sci-Fi Companion, we set up separate tables to add these Skills and Edges, right on the Cyberware or Robotics tabs, eliminating the need for bootstrapping.
Let us know what you think.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old November 17th, 2015, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader View Post
We went in a slightly different direction with this one.
In prior Settings, items that required a bootstrapped Skill or Attribute, we'd have you set up custom items for those that you wanted to use, and set up that bootstrap yourselves.
In the Sci-Fi Companion, we set up separate tables to add these Skills and Edges, right on the Cyberware or Robotics tabs, eliminating the need for bootstrapping.
Let us know what you think.
I think that's definitely the way to go. It gives some extra flexibility to the players that I think will make things more usable overall and cause less confusion for those folks wanting to do that on-off thing without the intimidation of using the editor to have to do it. I also like the weapon customization in that it now appears to all be in there and I may end up selecting Sci-Fi Companion as a default source even in non-Sci-Fi settings just for that added flexibility in configuration.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #10 Reply With Quote