Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 12th, 2009, 12:16 AM
Version 1.4 of the Pathfinder files is now available.

The noticable new stuff is four of the ten prestige classes:
Arcane Archer
Arcane Trickster
Assassin
Duelist

I also did a bit of work in the guts of the files, but that won't really be noticable until we get classes into the editor, and of course there are the usual set of minor bug fixes.

Currently, I'm working towards getting classes into the editor. I'm currently revising mechanics and getting the prestige classes added. I'll get the NPC classes in after that, and I hope to have all those classes done for next Friday. Once I have the new mechanics finished, and I have all or most of the existing classes entered, I'll be able to add classes to the editor, since at that point, I shouldn't need to make any more changes that risk breaking classes that users have created in the editor.

A note - the display of specials on the class tabs may be slightly off - I've added a few extra options in how the text is generated, so that there's more control over what's generated. While I finish getting that implemented, some of the names/summaries may be slightly off. So, if there's something wrong with a class special's name/summary on the class tab, don't bother reporting it as a bug until I've gotten 1.5 out - I'll be going through all the classes to make sure everything displays correctly over the course of the week.
Mathias is online now   #1 Reply With Quote
delslow

Old September 13th, 2009, 01:09 AM
*The new traits in the Adventure Line: "Council of Thieves" is not available
*Clerics do not get 2d6 channel energy until Cleric Level 3. You are showing 2d6 at Level 2.
*The subheading "Feats, Traits, & Flaws" wrongly appear twice on the printed character sheet.
*Wrongly claim a L2 Cleric with Fire Domain is "Immune to Fire." This is not true until Cleric L20.

*Could you please clean up the output sheets or maybe allow for custom skinning/layouts?

-allen
delslow is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
griffonwing

Old September 13th, 2009, 12:22 PM
I'm seriously considering getting this program for my Pathfinder campaign group. However, I would like to wait until the ability to add custom classes.

In my current game, I am playing a Minotaur race. I can add that race as a custom race, no problem. In the demo, I created a custom race, and gave it the basic starting stats changes, abilities, bonus feats abilities, etc..

However, I have taken the race and divided it up into racial levels. I's like the ability to simply add a custom class called Minotaur and be able to add it's 6-levels to it.

So I can choose the Minotaur race, then increase it's racial levels so that by 6th level, I'll be a 6HD Minotaur with full Minotaur stats and abilities and be able then to start in on my first real class.

Does anyone have any idea when the "Create Custom Class" option will be included in the Pathfinder set?
griffonwing is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 13th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
Does anyone have any idea when the "Create Custom Class" option will be included in the Pathfinder set?
Tentatively Friday 9/18, otherwise 9/25. Monster classes will most likely be added in at the same time, they may be pushed back a week after that if things take longer than expected.
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 14th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by delslow View Post
*The new traits in the Adventure Line: "Council of Thieves" is not available
Here is a poll we've posted, asking users to help us prioritize the pieces of the Pathfinder system that have not been added yet: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=9108

Quote:
*Clerics do not get 2d6 channel energy until Cleric Level 3. You are showing 2d6 at Level 2.
Fixed in the next update. Thanks for the report.

Quote:
*The subheading "Feats, Traits, & Flaws" wrongly appear twice on the printed character sheet.
I can't duplicate this error. Could you describe under what circumstances you see it, or email the portfolio that causes it to mathias at wolflair.com
Quote:
*Wrongly claim a L2 Cleric with Fire Domain is "Immune to Fire." This is not true until Cleric L20.
Fixed in the next update. Note to other readers: the error was on the character sheet.

Quote:
*Could you please clean up the output sheets or maybe allow for custom skinning/layouts?
User-created character sheets are on our to-do list, but still a ways off. Could you describe what sort of improvements you'd like to see?
Mathias is online now   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 19th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Tentatively Friday 9/18, otherwise 9/25. Monster classes will most likely be added in at the same time, they may be pushed back a week after that if things take longer than expected.
We've come up with some ideas on how to make character creation easier to understand than it is in the d20 files - for example, the characteristics of a class will no longer be split between the class helper and the class levels - they'll all reside in one place - the class helper.

Unfortunately, this means the process will take longer than expected. At this point I'm not ready to make a prediction on the release date. Sorry.
Mathias is online now   #6 Reply With Quote