Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Aaron

Old October 8th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
I'm making a Tengu Rogue PFS character, using an Aldori Dueling Sword. Adding the Weapon Finesse feat give the following error:

EDIT: Actually, it appears that adding ANY feat to the above character results in this error.
Not able to reproduce this, it appears to be an issue related to the Hero's Fortune feat by that message, but I have no errors whether or not that is present.
Aaron is offline   #481
Aaron

Old October 8th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by risner View Post
I'm back from a long vacation from gaming. I upgraded and loaded up my characters. Then went about cleaning up all my custom code that has native HL code. Here is my first list of problems I've identified.

#1 Issue Int items not granting ranks in chosen skill
Book: CORE

Items that grant an enhancement bonus to Int used to grant skill ranks in a skill chosen. The code exists to select the skill, but the ranks are not being granted. I can't be certain, but I believe this once worked and currently does not.

Example: Buy a Headband of Vast Intelligence +6, pick three skills, and notice they are still at 0 ranks.
Fixed previously.

Quote:
#2 Issue Inconsistent policy on Int bonus granting skills items
Book: CORE and Seeker of Secrets

The Crimson Sphere has a Simple object that detects how many, but doesn't put a line item (like Headband of +6 Item does) for the user to select a skill to add ranks. The Scarlet and Blue Sphere does ask for a skill. My interpretation is there should be skill ranks assigned for both and there should be a way to instruct HL to do so.

Example: Buy 2 Crimson Sphere Ioun Stones and 2 Scarlet and Blue Spheres. Notice no skill ranks or skills are chosen for the Crimson Sphere.
Got this fixed I think, there is a delay in whether the 3rd selector shows for the skill if you are combining cracked and normal versions, but it will show once you perform some other action (like add or subtract a skill point).

Quote:
#3 Issue Second Darkness PrC Chevalier allowed with second darkness source disabled.
Book: Second Darkness

Second Darkness prestige class Chevalier isn't tagged against Second Darkness, and I can't locate it in any other book. It should be unavailable if you do not have Second Darkness checked.

Example: Create new hero, uncheck, second darkness, add Chevalier levels.
Added the Second Darkness source.

Quote:
#4 Issue Plumed Mantle provides In-Play Flying but other Flying items do not.
Book: Core

Some items that allow the user to fly are able to be activated, but some can not be.

Example: Create new hero, buy Winged Boots, Broom of Flying, Carpet of Flying *, Cloak of the Bat, or Wings of Flying and notice no Flying check box in In-Play. Then buy Plumed Mantle and notice it has a check box.
Here's my thoughts on this. Broom/Carpet don't grant flying to the character, they are ridden instead, so they shouldn't show a fly speed on the Specials tab at all.

Winged Boots, Cloak of the Bat and Plumed Mantle all grant flying as the spell (with some competence bonus) but with a limited duration, so they need an activation.

Wings of flying are worn on your back and grant you a continuous fly speed of unlimited duration (and don't mention it being as the fly spell), so they show a fly speed on the specials tab when equipped.

Quote:
#5 Issue Horseshoes do not add their abilities and can be worn by non Quadrepeds.
Book: Core

Horseshoes of Great Burden and Horseshoes of Speed don't grant their abilities.

Example: Create new hero, buy a horse, give it horseshoes, equip.
I'm uncertain whether enforcing the the "Must be Horse-shaped to wear horseshoes" thing is worthwhile. It's not as simple as just requiring a quadruped, for example a lion is a quadruped but shouldn't be able to equip horseshoes. This means I'd have to go back through the back monster catalogue and mark each one with a new "Horseshoes OK" tag. I'll check into it, but no promises, k?

Both the example items you noted have eval scripts for their effects as of the UE update.

Quote:
#6 Issue Improved Natural Attack can't be taken for Natural Weapons when the weapon isn't currently on your Hero
Book: Bestiary

A Hero with Wild Shape should be able to take INA of a weapon that is available when in a Wild Shape, the feat will go red (as it should) when not currently Wild Shaped into a form with that weapon and go normal when in a form with that weapon.

Yes, there should be a note saying this may not be allowed by your GM. But as it is now if you give yourself a weapon and make a selection, when that weapon goes away after the Wild Shape is removed you lose the selection made.

Regardless of the GM decision, the selection needs to be retained beyond saves.

I've got a custom one that modifies "Restrict First List to... All Things"

Example: Create druid, activate a template granting a slam attack, make a selection on INA feat, deactivate the template taking away the slam attack, save and reload the portfolio, activate the template, and notice your selection has been removed.
Oh Druids! Why must your wild shaping ways always break my heart?

That said, I am not sure that druids of a race that doesn't already have a natural attack qualify for Improved Natural attack, since one of the pre-reqs of the feat is a natural attack. And even if they do have one from their race, I am not sure they could pick a different one, an attack that exists only while they are wild shaped.

I'm going to leave this up to DMs to houserule and modify the feat as necessary (as it sounds like you have). As for the selection resetting when you remove a weapon that was there, I don't think there is anything I can do about that. Perhaps you could have your version of the feat bootstrap the particular weapon you are interested in (you could even give it a Hide.Weapon tag so it didn't show on the Weapons Tab), and rather than using the default selections, enter your own Candidate expression that doesn't exclude hidden weapons. Then you could always pick it, because there would always be a copy present, but it wouldn't muck up things on the weapons tab by being present when it shouldn't.
Aaron is offline   #482
Aaron

Old October 8th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Issue Robe, Monk's
Book: CORE

The Monk Robes is doing strange things. It sometimes is working and sometimes is not working. It also may seem to interact with Monatic Legacy.

Example: Build a 1st level Monk, give him a Robe, Monk's. He will go to 1d8 from 1d6. Reload the portfolio (for me he goes to 1d6 with the robe equipped.) Unequip and reequip the robe and he goes to 1d8 again. I've got a 12th level monk who should be 2d6 with both but a reload on him puts him to 2d6 and equipping and unequipping the robe leaves him at 1d10 sometimes but not all the time. Other times with the feat and the robes equipped I am at 1d8 (and he is a 4th level monk so 1d8 is unmodified.)
The Monk's Robe seems to be working correctly according to my tests. Monastic Legacy is displaying the behaviour you mention, I am working on fixing this.
Aaron is offline   #483
Aaron

Old October 8th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imper1um View Post
Weapon Focus (Grapple) still does not grant a +1 Bonus to your CMB for Grapple.
Fixed
Aaron is offline   #484
Aaron

Old October 8th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crobledo View Post
ioun stone, opalescent white pyramid:

Only lets me select weapons that I have a regular weapon of in my inventory. I have a custom magical weapon I want to use this ioun stone for, and I cannot select any of my custom/masterwork weapons for the dropdown.
Fixed to let you pick any weapon to gain proficiency in, not just one that is present on the hero. Confirmed works for masterwork/custom versions.
Aaron is offline   #485
Xyzzy

Old October 8th, 2012, 02:11 PM
The Barbarian Rage Power Increased Damage Reduction from the core book should only apply when raging, not all the time.

I have only tested this with the Invulnerable Rager archetype, and am unfortunately away from my install of Hero Lab. A level 9 Invulnerable Rager should have DR 4/-, & DR 8/Lethal. Hero Lab is reports that correctly unless I select the Increased DR power, it then reports DR 5/-, & DR 10/Lethal if they are raging or not.
Xyzzy is offline   #486
Aaron

Old October 8th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redward View Post
The Sea Singer Bard archetype's familiar is not functioning properly. The activated abilities are not available in the In-Play tab, which prevents the bard from gaining the abilities from its familiar (Alertness, skill bonus).
This archetype had a couple other things I improved as well. The situational bonus from Sea Legs wasn't correct. Also World Traveller wasn't setting it's charges correctly.
Aaron is offline   #487
Aaron

Old October 8th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Iron View Post
The Pathfinder Campaign Setting #3 class Diabolist should have 'Infernal Transport' at 6th level, not 7th. : )
Fixed, also added the text to the 3rd level Augment Summoning class special.
Aaron is offline   #488
Aaron

Old October 8th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redward View Post
With the newest update, it now appears that if the Half-Elf Adaptability racial trait is replaced, the bonus Skill Focus Feat remains (and generates an error if a skill is not chosen).
I believe this must have been fixed in a previous release, or else I can't reproduce it.
Aaron is offline   #489
Aaron

Old October 8th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemlak View Post
Error on bugfix - Headbands that increase the Intelligence ability score: if the selected skill is Linguistics, the skill ranks are added on the Skills tab, but the Personal tab still shows an overspend on languages known.
Item ranks now add to languages known if you spend them on the Linguistics Skill.
Aaron is offline   #490
Closed Thread