Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

goviwan

Send a message via Skype™ to goviwan

Old September 20th, 2014, 12:59 AM
I looked through the "Printing/Export" posts and thought this might not be a perfect match there and would get buried beneath all the other discussion occurring there, so I apologize if this is already discussed somewhere and I missed it.

I am curious about the possibility of copying similar content (like the D20 SRD or core rules I've entered manually for quick reference) from one realm to another. I might have a Forgotten Realms campaign going and also an Eberron campaign and D20-based game, each of which uses similar core rules. I don't want to have to re-enter that data for each "realm." Is there a way to do this currently? If not, then I'd really like to see that added as an option in the future.

I'm assuming that will be a standard feature with the advent of purchased content, but it would be nice to be able to "sync" similar custom-content between realms that I've created. The copyrighted data doesn't get printed or exported, just copied from one file to another, all the while remaining inside of RW. Just a thought.

Otherwise, the software seems pretty well designed.

Last edited by goviwan; September 20th, 2014 at 01:04 AM.
goviwan is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old September 20th, 2014, 02:35 AM
They've said you will be able to share Realms with yourself (once there's content sharing). That's how you would do this sort of thing.

Parody is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
eponette

Old September 25th, 2014, 05:34 AM
Any idea when this feature should be available?

Last edited by eponette; September 25th, 2014 at 05:40 AM.
eponette is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old September 25th, 2014, 04:49 PM
Create a new topic for sharing content with yourself and with others. I'm betting there are a few people that would +1 it pretty quick.

The longer answer is that Rob has indicated that this is on the short list but it's competing with some other features that are missing like calendars and printing as well as some features folks have asked for improvements on like relationships and nested maps. It's definitely coming but when is up to us on how badly we want it over other things.
AEIOU is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old September 27th, 2014, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
Create a new topic for sharing content with yourself and with others. I'm betting there are a few people that would +1 it pretty quick.

The longer answer is that Rob has indicated that this is on the short list but it's competing with some other features that are missing like calendars and printing as well as some features folks have asked for improvements on like relationships and nested maps. It's definitely coming but when is up to us on how badly we want it over other things.
Write it Down AEIOU... This is probably the ONE thing I would +! over the custom calendar....

Custom calendars are VERY important to my game table ( have between 8 and 10 going simultaneously) Which I suppose is the reason I have been such a strong voice for it....
BUT I would put this over that... I have a calendar program (just not RW) to manage calendars, if I had to continue to do so (hell been 10 years already.. whats 6 more months?), it would just be sooo much smoother to incorporate story line wise within the same system by having it reside within RW.

The Ability to create a "CORE" Realm and a "MY World Realm" and then I could bounce items between would be immeasurable in the long term knowing that the shared market place / community could expand such greatness.
We Could have the "core elements" that may define the basic campaign world all of us share, constantly adding to and growing, and customize those pieces within it. We can then choose within the core what pieces to incorporate into " My World" side without corrupting the baseline information.

Say in my world maybe I don't just "say" you found a potion of healing? (which I don't by the way <evil DM Here>) Instead would it not be great to have an element you could import into your world that defined the potions by color, smell, texture, taste, opalescence, etc? Some may not play at that level of detail and may not want it in their "core world" others may.... just one of MANY possibilities not only internally but for the community as a whole.

+1 to this.
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old September 28th, 2014, 09:38 AM
Is this topic to combine realms? Like, if you had multiple people working on entering information into the same realm?

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 28th, 2014, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefweasel View Post
Is this topic to combine realms? Like, if you had multiple people working on entering information into the same realm?
This would be a separate request, since it isn't a core part of sharing information across realms.
Farling is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
goviwan

Send a message via Skype™ to goviwan

Old October 2nd, 2014, 09:59 AM
My original intent with this topic was for sharing d20 content that I've either purchased (when it becomes available) or entered myself with other d20 realms that I'm working on. I wasn't thinking about sharing content with other users (except with players at the table of course...assuming they're worthy [insert evil grin here]). I just want to avoid duplication of effort for game mechanics/data that can be used for multiple systems that I want to use.

Can I plus one my own topic? I'll do it anyway...

Better yet, I'm going to +5 it to death!

G
goviwan is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old October 4th, 2014, 10:50 AM
@goviwan .. that's what the Repository is for.. re-using content you've entered or purchased in multiple games you run. That's a major feature that is still to be implemented, but it has long been planned.
Silveras is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
skald1

Old November 19th, 2014, 12:12 PM
I'll toss in a +1 as well.

I run multiple games, each in the same setting and timeline. Each game has a piece of the plot shared by all games (to be shared during an annual event).

As it is, I use a single Realm with different Storyboards for each game. This allows me to quickly reference my shared NPCs, items, etc. without replicating them while also building up relationships of those NPCs to each of the PCs (and the information they've given the NPCs).

Prior to the advent of the Player Edition, I would create a different Player View for that session's game. With the PE now released, there's a threat that each game can see the other's viewable items.

Any ideas how to get around this as it stands without creating a separate realm and ne'er twixt the two shall meet?
skald1 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote