Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 26th, 2010, 12:04 PM
This is for a class varient (Domain Access) for Sorcerors.

{i}Your depth of belief allows you to channel divine power the way a cleric does. By doing so, you gain access to a single cleric domain.

{b}Replaces{/b}: To gain this benefit, you do not learn a new 1st-level sorcerer spell and a new 2nd-level sorcerer spell at 5th level. From now on, you know one less sorcerer spell that you can cast at each subsequent level (not counting the domain spells from this alternative class feature).

{b}Benefit{/b}: Choose one cleric domain. If you worship a specific deity, the domain you choose must be one to which your deity grants access. You gain the granted power of the chosen domain. In addition, you can cast one domain spell of each spell level available to you per day from that domain.{/i}

How do you interpret this text, esp the underlined? Does every spell level after this get one less spell known which is replaced by a domain spell? Or do they mean that only 1st and 2nd level spells known is reduced by 1 from now on? If so, that is a phenomenal deal, 9 spells know for giving up 2 low level ones.

Last edited by Lawful_g; February 26th, 2010 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Clarify
Lawful_g is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 26th, 2010, 03:52 PM
I think it does just subtract 1 from your 1st and 2nd level spells known from then on. Note that the bonus spells aren't spells known - each is available 1/day, and not mixed in with the regular sorcerer spells
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote