Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Chemlak

Old June 13th, 2013, 10:35 PM
From my understanding of how it works, you could create a custom "incomplete" tag and add it to all of the things you haven't finished yet, and can later search all content by that tag. Remove the tag when you've completed them, and that should provide you with the functionality you're looking for.

Please note, of course, that IHNSRW (I Have Not Seen Realm Works), but this is an educated guess on the basis of trawling through everything about it.

Count me as another who can't wait for early access.
Chemlak is offline   #91 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old June 15th, 2013, 06:56 AM
That's a very good suggestion Chemlak.

Wish I'd thought of it!
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #92 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 29th, 2013, 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosef View Post
how would a player use Realm works or would they just use hero lab and the DM use realm works >
Through the Realm Works cloud, GMs will be able to share all the material that the players have uncovered through the course of the game. Players will be able to download all that material and have full access to it, seeing only what has been revealed to them.
rob is offline   #93 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 29th, 2013, 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemlak View Post
From my understanding of how it works, you could create a custom "incomplete" tag and add it to all of the things you haven't finished yet, and can later search all content by that tag. Remove the tag when you've completed them, and that should provide you with the functionality you're looking for.

Please note, of course, that IHNSRW (I Have Not Seen Realm Works), but this is an educated guess on the basis of trawling through everything about it.

Count me as another who can't wait for early access.
That's exactly how you'd do it within Realm Works. Chemlak gets a cookie!

It's also possible to setup "auto-tagging". Whenever you create new content, it is automatically assigned whatever tags you deem appropriate. So you could auto-tag every new piece of content with an "Incomplete" tag and then remove those tags once the content is complete. That will save one extra step on every piece of content and also make sure you never forget to add the tag.
rob is offline   #94 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old June 29th, 2013, 02:41 AM
Awesome. Can my cookie be early access arriving by 10 July? I have 12 days off work for a break and really want to spend my time with RW.
Chemlak is offline   #95 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old June 29th, 2013, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemlak View Post
Awesome. Can my cookie be early access arriving by 10 July? I have 12 days off work for a break and really want to spend my time with RW.
lol .... I'd like one of those cookies too

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
That's exactly how you'd do it within Realm Works. Chemlak gets a cookie!

It's also possible to setup "auto-tagging". Whenever you create new content, it is automatically assigned whatever tags you deem appropriate. So you could auto-tag every new piece of content with an "Incomplete" tag and then remove those tags once the content is complete. That will save one extra step on every piece of content and also make sure you never forget to add the tag.
Very cool Rob.
weogarth is offline   #96 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old June 29th, 2013, 04:58 AM
Apparently you can't delete your own posts. Annoying. I should have multiquoted and wanted to delete this one.

Last edited by weogarth; June 29th, 2013 at 05:01 AM.
weogarth is offline   #97 Reply With Quote
Grey Mage

Old June 29th, 2013, 02:54 PM
I also would like one of the 'by 10 Jul' cookies...

The data import is going to take weeks (by my estimate)...
Grey Mage is offline   #98 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old July 2nd, 2013, 02:24 PM
Quote:
As the 9th Doctor would say, fantastic!
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #99 Reply With Quote
Smolin

Old July 10th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Through the Realm Works cloud, GMs will be able to share all the material that the players have uncovered through the course of the game. Players will be able to download all that material and have full access to it, seeing only what has been revealed to them.
So players will be viewing that material in Realm Works, not as a separate file? Will there be any sort of PDF export capacity in future, so a GM can share data with players at any time?
Smolin is offline   #100 Reply With Quote