Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Noven

Old March 24th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirtos View Post
im not sure.... i think theyve already done some neat pinning. and from what i know about google maps, its only browser based. (well, mobile too, but thats a different story)
Yeah I agree. This could actually be pretty useful.
Noven is offline   #81 Reply With Quote
Loveless2013

Old May 4th, 2013, 02:21 PM
You know, you could always use a program like Fractal Mapper, take a screen shot of google earth and do some heavy modifications (or light if you prefer) on there.
Loveless2013 is offline   #82 Reply With Quote
pyremius

Old May 22nd, 2013, 06:38 AM
Apologies For The Formatting (Borrowed Phone).

My New Idea Is Flagging Data To Be Cached Locally On Mobile Devices (Might Need To Add A Mobile Client). This Would Allow (For Now) HeroLab Data To Be Available On Mobile Devices Without Manually trAnsferring Each Time A Character Is Updated.
pyremius is offline   #83 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old May 22nd, 2013, 11:20 AM
pyremius - realms work, or hero lab?
mirtos is offline   #84 Reply With Quote
Argant

Old May 24th, 2013, 07:06 AM
Is there any tool in RW that allows to create and manage a time line?
A line where you can see (or put directly on the line) graphically illustrated the dates (for examples date of birth or dead of a NPC or, in general, dates of some events of the created world) that you have setted in the other parts of the world's project.
It could be very helpful for a Master have a tool like during the creation phase as well as during the game.

I'm sorry for my english... I hope my question is clear and comprehensible...
Argant is offline   #85 Reply With Quote
pyremius

Old May 26th, 2013, 02:28 PM
I'm not completely sure anymore (coming down with a cold, while spending the day in a car - wonderful way to start a vacation, or think anything logical).

If I understand HeroLab for iOS properly, each time you update a character in HeroLab you need to launch iTunes and copy the file so the updated information will be reflected on the iPad. What I envision is a flag within HeroLab which says "sync this portfolio with my mobile device", paired with a place within the mobile copy of HeroLab to specify source locations for HeroLab files (Google Drive, DropBox, iCloud, etc.). Then, once a character is updated in HeroLab, the next time your mobile copy syncs data, it will automatically pull the portfolio down.

Within the RealWorks context, this would need to be augmented with ad-hoc portfolios in the mobile version. Currently, all characters appear to be dumped into a common collection in the iPad version of HeroLab. With the introduction of RealmWorks, it will be possible for a person to be participant in multiple campaigns, with access to multiple NPCs, etc., in addition to the primary character, Familiar, mounts, Henchmen, hirelings, etc.

Being able to go into the RealmWorks campaign and toggle local caching on a per-character basis would help keep the amount of data involved to a minimum, while still ensuring people with with tablets are able to utilize them at non-wifi locations.

I'm sure this could be expanded for other data from within RealmWorks, and the primary driver for the idea is the potential volume of characters each player could have access to, which they might not be managing directly.
pyremius is offline   #86 Reply With Quote
Yosef

Old May 28th, 2013, 04:35 AM
how would a player use Realm works or would they just use hero lab and the DM use realm works >
Yosef is offline   #87 Reply With Quote
curufea

Old June 2nd, 2013, 08:40 PM
New to forums, I've already been told it's not going to be in the initial build, but thought I should add it to a list of wanted features so other folk could have a look at my ideas:-

1) XML import/export and some kind of schema for Realm Works material.
The reasoning behind this is I want to use it for an existing LARP which has much material - and it would be an easier way to import a large amount of data, rather than going through dialog boxes/GUI forms. With an export it would be also able to save snapshots for various purposes (backup, or website display)
2) An API
Being able to have my own programs talk to Realm Works (especially if through the web - ie PHP) would be very useful. Possibly not to Realm Works itself, but to the cloud resources (with an appropriate valid user key) would be nice.
3) Standards compliance
It would be nice if the program used current cataloguing standards for things (e.g. EAC-CPF for people/organisation data, or GED files for geneology programs) albeit it wouldn't be fully compliant, but just being able to output some of the fields would be nice.
curufea is offline   #88 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old June 9th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosef View Post
how would a player use Realm works or would they just use hero lab and the DM use realm works >
The players would use a client version to connect to the GM's data in the cloud. The GM, when putting in all the data, will flag which data tidbits are 'known' to the players. From what I understand, the players would only see those pieces.
weogarth is offline   #89 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old June 13th, 2013, 04:08 AM
I'll have a lot of data to enter when I get RW at the end of the month. Will there be a way of marking an NPC, for example as incomplete? Then seeing a list of all the things that you want to complete.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #90 Reply With Quote