Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 23rd, 2019, 03:27 PM
A little while ago, we rolled out a change on the server that had completely unexpected and undesirable results. Lots of users were inadvertently sent out an email saying that their licenses had ZERO days left before they would expire.

THIS WAS A MISTAKE!!!!

Please disregard the email. And please accept our apologies for the obvious confusion this has caused. We ripped out the errant code as shortly after the problem was discovered, but the damage was done with the confusing emails. We're working to correct things now.

Thanks, Rob
rob is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Philderbeast

Old May 24th, 2019, 02:03 AM
well this explains a lot,

just a suggestion but it might be worth sending out an email correcting the matter for anyone who doesn't come to the forums
Philderbeast is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old May 24th, 2019, 03:55 AM
HAHA and when i got home to the email the license servers was down, was like "WTH I'm out of days and I cant renew?"

All good, but have to agree with philder, a follow up email would be a good idea.

**UPDATE** - Just went in to my account and setup yearly auto-renew, with CDN conversion its like $2 a month, I spend more on coffee in a day, I can't even buy 2 litres of gas for that.
Big thanks for making the price affordable.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV

Last edited by Exmortis; May 24th, 2019 at 04:10 AM.
Exmortis is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
GThiel

Old May 24th, 2019, 04:32 AM
I too have placed an auto renew. Does the year start now or sometime in the future when subscriptions do go live? (in any case, it is definitely worth the minimal charge :-) )
GThiel is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Chokra Broodslayer

Old May 24th, 2019, 05:42 PM
I got the correction email... instead of 0 days, I now have 4 days.

*shrug* Not really helpful.
Chokra Broodslayer is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old May 24th, 2019, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GThiel View Post
I too have placed an auto renew. Does the year start now or sometime in the future when subscriptions do go live? (in any case, it is definitely worth the minimal charge :-) )
Realm Works subscriptions are live now. You can see when your access ends on your My Account page at https://sales.lonewolfdevel.com/Account/Manage. (Same as logging in on the site, then clicking on your name and picking My Account.)

Parody is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
H2Os

Old May 25th, 2019, 11:44 AM
How long does our current content stay in the cloud if we don't subscribe right away?
H2Os is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
goldscarab

Old May 25th, 2019, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Realm Works subscriptions are live now. You can see when your access ends on your My Account page at https://sales.lonewolfdevel.com/Account/Manage. (Same as logging in on the site, then clicking on your name and picking My Account.)
I don't see anyway to actually purchase renewal. There is no explicit line on my account page saying the expiration date - but every other login I get a popup with a catastrophic warning about tomorrow. I also sent an email to support. Its helpful to see other people having similar issues so I am not an outlier.

Backup frequently.
Whoot! - I love computers!
goldscarab is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old May 25th, 2019, 09:44 PM
In case it's helpful, here's a picture of where your Realm Works expiration date and renewal buttons should appear. (The image is a link to a full-sized picture.)

LWD Account Page_thumb.png
Attached Images
File Type: png LWD Account Page.png (80.8 KB, 28 views)

Parody is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
goldscarab

Old May 28th, 2019, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldscarab View Post
I don't see anyway to actually purchase renewal. There is no explicit line on my account page saying the expiration date - but every other login I get a popup with a catastrophic warning about tomorrow. I also sent an email to support. Its helpful to see other people having similar issues so I am not an outlier.

Backup frequently.
Whoot! - I love computers!
Oops - fixed my problem by logging in with the right account name. <.< >.>
Soo.. whats the deal with the scary warning on the button to link the old Hero Lab licenses to this account?????
goldscarab is offline   #10 Reply With Quote