Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion > Realm Works Early Access Discussion

Notices

Khaymus

Old December 7th, 2013, 04:00 AM
Hello!

I am super excited to use this software. If there was some sore of "pre-order" I could purchase to get into the beta right now, I would be willing to pay for it. I missed the kickstarter so I would really like another option to buy the game and use it now!

If not, I guess I will just have to patiently (impossible) wait for the full release. Thanks for making a great product!
Khaymus is offline   #1
weogarth

Old December 8th, 2013, 06:29 AM
Nice try! Check out this thread for details on the 'when'

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=46858
weogarth is offline   #2
Mmurphy

Old December 8th, 2013, 08:01 AM
To me, this is the issue with 'advertising' software before actual release. You start spending more and more time telling people why it is not out yet instead of being able to 'get it out'. RealmWorks has been 'advertised' on wolflair.com web site since about 2010 (or so). It has been about 9 months since kickstarter finalized.

In the modern world we live in where we expect instant gratification, this type of extended time lines does not work too well. As consumers we want overnight shipping, EVERYTHING stocked and on the shelves just waiting for us to buy it.

When this does not happen, we started shooting off e-mails asking (demanding) why? Another instant gratification medium?

Although I am a kickstarter and have access to the program, I am not using it fully yet until 1.0 release. I am learning the software, playing with it, but not really using it yet. Why you may ask, because I understand it is a beta release and what I may work on for hours may not be there in the final 1.0 release.

In the end, Lone Wolf Development will release the software when they release the software. Asking if you can 'get it early' or jump into kickstarter now takes time away from actually getting it out. Lone Wolf is a business. They have expenses (payroll, rent, computers, etc.). Business cannot stay in business unless they have a product that someone or something wants to buy and that someone or something actually buys it. Without income, there is NO business. I am sure Lone Wolf Development would love to release the software right now, start selling it this instant. However, the cost of doing so is probably higher than the cost of 'holding off a week or two' and releasing the proper product.

Just something to think about.

Note, I am not in any way affiliated with Lone Wolf Development.
Mmurphy is offline   #3