Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Indigojones

Old November 4th, 2013, 03:10 PM
release date... thats all i am asking for.... great there are delays can i get an update for those of use that still want it. is it going to happen in the next 26 days or not?
Indigojones is offline   #51 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old November 4th, 2013, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigojones View Post
release date... thats all i am asking for.... great there are delays can i get an update for those of use that still want it. is it going to happen in the next 26 days or not?
I hate to say this but they are not going to give a hard date this month. At least from their last news letter was any indicator. It is implied it WILL be very soon like maybe December.

But you make it sound like it easy for them to make this decision. From the newsletter they actually anguish over this type of decision... do they keep fixing and improving it.. or release it as a flawed program and hope that they can still fix it enough and fast enough not to lose sales or future word of mouth advertising. Right now they are going with option A.

Personally I would rather have a program that is what they said it was going to be and it is something I can accept their word on it and wait for it. It is hard knowing that there is something out there that could potentially help me in my endeavors and know full well it will be a HUGE boon to my campaign organization and my players and such too. But wait I will. Nothing I can do or say will change the fact I HAVE to wait for it. Meanwhile if I accept that I DO have to wait.. I can be more at ease and not as impatient. Griping about it to them just makes them more impatient and anxious too and does not help them at all.

So you have to choose. We know you want the product and soon... are you willing to wait for it or keep complaining about it and making it worse for them and making the situation worse overall?
Nikmal is offline   #52 Reply With Quote
karpomatic

Old November 5th, 2013, 07:20 AM
The said last week that all the Kickstarter backers would have it very shortly. I'm not sure how far behind that the general release will be.
karpomatic is offline   #53 Reply With Quote
karpomatic

Old November 5th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caraldur View Post
Is Realm works being release to the Kickstarter wolf pack members today?
I think its this Friday depending on how the last Beta release goes today.
karpomatic is offline   #54 Reply With Quote
JStreet

Old November 5th, 2013, 12:13 PM
What about the rest of us?
JStreet is offline   #55 Reply With Quote
Aleslosh

Old November 5th, 2013, 07:40 PM
The rest of us must be patient. I've worked on software releases before and we (the consumers) are best waiting for the fix to the inevitable issues found during the beta testing. The pre-release to the kickstarters can also be seen as way to limit the amount of additional issues (yes, there is likely to be something that escapes the beta testers) that get released to the general public.

I, too, anxiously await the release of this product for general sale to the public as I have a world to build and pc's and npc's alike to populate it. These additional "delays" merely give me time to further develop my Word version of my world.

Although a bit "hokey"..... Every cloud has a silver lining. The silver lining in this case will be a program/utility that will be usable at first release to a very good portion of the customers with very few revisions to fix bugs. I can live with that.
Aleslosh is offline   #56 Reply With Quote
Zinquox

Old November 5th, 2013, 08:44 PM
I haven't read the newsletter yet, so I may be a little off base about this, but I have no problems waiting for the product to be up to the high standards that Lone Wolf sets for it's products. As a matter of fact, one of the reasons I'm excited about this product is because of the high standards that Lone Wolf has.

Things I do have a problem with. I have a problem with people who are in the beta coming on here and telling the rest of us, many who were just unlucky enough to find out about this product after the kickstarter, that we need to be patient. It's kind of like someone coming out of a club just to tell all the people standing outside how awesome it is on the inside. We all know that this will be a great product when it comes out, we don't need someone telling us that it already is a great product, it's really like rubbing salt in the wound.

I also have a problem with a hard date...or a soft date. When I first found out about this product, it was given a hard date of a particular month. July I believe it was, this was then changed to fall, and now it looks like it will be changed to winter. I would much prefer a "Coming soon" or something of the sort.

I also have a problem with all the people that are saying the closer to Christmas this comes out the less likely they are to buy it do to finances. It's a silly way to try and guilt trip the company. The closer it comes to Christmas, the more likely I am to ask for it as a Christmas gift. Personally I would be happy getting this released for Christmas so I CAN get it as a gift.

The last thing I have a problem with, and this is more of a worry, is that in the beta people are saying "Oh why don't we have feature A? I really want feature A, and I think other people would want feature A as well." Then release is getting pushed back, not because of a bug, but because someone really wanted feature A. I don't think that Lone Wolf would do that, but it doesn't change the fact that I worry about it.

With all that being said, keep up the good work Lone Wolf, I can't wait for this product to come out!
Zinquox is offline   #57 Reply With Quote
Lurch

Old November 6th, 2013, 10:01 AM
I'm as anxious as anyone else to get my hands on this, but I'm willing to wait a bit longer if it means getting the product I truly need vs. the one I want right now. At this point, I'm no worse off organization-wise than I was before RW was ever a thing; it's just my own excitement over RW's imminent release that's hard to manage.
Lurch is offline   #58 Reply With Quote
Indigojones

Old November 6th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikmal View Post
I hate to say this but they are not going to give a hard date this month. At least from their last news letter was any indicator. It is implied it WILL be very soon like maybe December.

But you make it sound like it easy for them to make this decision. From the newsletter they actually anguish over this type of decision...
couple things to that.... if it isnt coming out this month then the statement on their site "coming out fall of 2013" needs to be taken off because it is a lie. if it some how is coming out this month to make that statement true. surprising your customers with oh hey it is out! is kind of crap... also if it is within 2 weeks out they would know because it is putting the bow on the box and letting people pre order stuff.

at that same time if it is coming out in December they should also know that it is coming out then because a month away is still putting the bow on the box.

and of course they anguish over this type of talk. thats why they went with kick starter. so they dont need to have this conversation with a single backer that can with draw their money and they land on their face.
they went 70k over the asked amount you dont think that deserves a release date? a month away. hell that atleast deserves a coming out winter of 2013 online update.

dont give me a newsletter that says wow is me its tough for us too. give me a release date!
Indigojones is offline   #59 Reply With Quote
Zinquox

Old November 6th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigojones View Post
couple things to that.... if it isnt coming out this month then the statement on their site "coming out fall of 2013" needs to be taken off because it is a lie.
To be fair, they have until Dec 21st to release it in fall.
Zinquox is offline   #60 Reply With Quote