Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Caraldur

Old November 19th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Hi everyone,

Is there a way to update the categories that I have added new snippets too? I have a few topics that I created before I added new snippets to the category. Right now I am manually adding these new snippets to each topic, but I was wondering if there is a way to update topics with the new snippets?

Hope that made sense.

-Car
Caraldur is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Caraldur

Old November 19th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Damn, I just found it. For anyone else who was wondering under general tasks you need to select "Synchronize the structure to match the category definition".

I probably should have looked more thoroughly before posting.

-Car
Caraldur is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
McGray

Old January 23rd, 2015, 12:11 AM
Good point, but it would be even better, if the sorting was also updated at the same time. When I update a topic after modifing the category, it puts all new snippets on top, instead of in the correct order. So you have to go in a second time and and select Quick Edit -> Re-Sequence, to ge tthe correct order.

Also, from what I can see, snippets, which are flagged as "hide" are not hidden or deleted ones not deleted when updating the topics.
McGray is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
signalgk

Old January 25th, 2015, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Damn, I just found it. For anyone else who was wondering under general tasks you need to select "Synchronize the structure to match the category definition".
Where do I find it..? I just added a new tag to profiles and all of my new characters show it but not those created before - I went into the characters entry and clicked on content pane options (the crossed tools) down to quick edit contents which is the only place I found "Synchronize the structure to match the category definition" but it doesn't seem to do anything... Am I looking in the wrong place..?

Help!!!
signalgk is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Gord

Old January 25th, 2015, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by signalgk View Post
Where do I find it..? I just added a new tag to profiles and all of my new characters show it but not those created before - I went into the characters entry and clicked on content pane options (the crossed tools) down to quick edit contents which is the only place I found "Synchronize the structure to match the category definition" but it doesn't seem to do anything... Am I looking in the wrong place..?

Help!!!
That sounds like the right place. The difficulty is that you need to do it for each topic. There is no global change as I recall.
Gord is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old January 25th, 2015, 07:41 AM
That is how you do it and yes you have to do it for every single one by hand.

If nothing happened, check the new snippets you added and ensure they have "shown" and "auto add" checked.

Another way to add snippets that I use frequently when I want to add multiple copies of the same snippet is Add Snippet --> Types for this Section --> xxxxxxx which will list all of the snippet choices assigned to the section. I add it then drag it into place.
AEIOU is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Daelda

Old May 15th, 2015, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
That sounds like the right place. The difficulty is that you need to do it for each topic. There is no global change as I recall.
Is there any chance a Global version of "Synchronize the Structure to Match the Category Definition" and "Re-Sequence Snippets to Match Category Definition" could be incorporated for each Category? This way we could just do it once on each category, rather than having to go through each entry under each category and having to do them individually? It would certainly save me, and I am sure others, a LOT of time - especially as we learn just what we want to add into a specific category topic.

Thank you.
Daelda is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ibecker

Old May 15th, 2015, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daelda View Post
Is there any chance a Global version of "Synchronize the Structure to Match the Category Definition" and "Re-Sequence Snippets to Match Category Definition" could be incorporated for each Category? This way we could just do it once on each category, rather than having to go through each entry under each category and having to do them individually? It would certainly save me, and I am sure others, a LOT of time - especially as we learn just what we want to add into a specific category topic.

Thank you.
+1 To this! With thousands of Topics/Articles based on dozens of Categories, it is extremely labor-intensive for me to ensure that all of the Topics/Articles are up-to-date. It would be a huge time-saver if there were such a global action.

-Ian
ibecker is offline   #8 Reply With Quote