Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer 40,000
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

striogi

Old December 3rd, 2010, 07:39 AM
I downloaded the latest update to the 40k files and it seems that a major change has taken place - in many cases, the rosters aren't printing out the standard equipment (weapons and powers) that units come with.

I know the Marines appear to be fine - Note the bolter, bolt pistol

however, the tyranids do not appear to be fine - Where is flamespurt? Absorb life? Fleshborer? I see the Devourer, but that's an upgrade option.

checking if this problem was limited to Tyranids, I check the necron - Gauss flayers and Blasters are missing, along with the Lord's Staff of Light.

I checked the Chaos Marine list and that appears to be fine as well.

These *seem* to be related to the latest upgrade, but I'd have to check some of my older printed lists to be sure - I just realized the problem today.

I've reset the Advanced Output settings to default on all of these lists - no change.
Am I missing something??

I've also been receiving these error warnings:

How do I get rid of these errors without re-creating the lists?

**edit: I that second error does not come up when I start a new marine roster from scratch.

Last edited by striogi; December 3rd, 2010 at 07:41 AM. Reason: minor note update
striogi is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mr_Rose

Old December 3rd, 2010, 10:06 AM
For the first: You need to de-select "competition output" in the rules for your roster (Roster | Change rules... | Rules tab (at the bottom) | scroll down and find "competition output") - removing that should clear up everything.

For the second, I don't think you can get away without re-creating the lists; it's a result of the way updates happen and so-on.

Click here to get 2.25GB of DropBox cloud storage free!

I've always wondered about the first person that saw a lobster and said, "You know what? I'm going to eat that."
Mr_Rose is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
striogi

Old December 3rd, 2010, 10:52 AM
aha - thanks

I'm not sure why turning on competition output would eliminate that. wouldn't you want that on the sheet to make sure you have it all straight? bizarre.

Maybe for future revisions- if you open an old list, why not validate the rules and settings then save under the new version?

anyway - thanks for the help.

**Edit - found a work around for eliminating the error message.
Open old list, change a unit (so far I've just changed a unit quantity) save list, close list.
when you re-open that file, no more error.

will this break something I haven't noticed yet?

Last edited by striogi; December 3rd, 2010 at 10:56 AM. Reason: work around.
striogi is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mr_Rose

Old December 3rd, 2010, 11:07 AM
Competition output is designed to eliminate "standard" options so a TO can check point values without getting confused by things that are not options.

Like I said, I'm not sure why the new versions have difficulty with old rosters; you'd have to ask one of the ab40K.org guys for that, but I also don't think that re-saving the roster will break anything with the new files that wasn't already broken when you loaded it.

Click here to get 2.25GB of DropBox cloud storage free!

I've always wondered about the first person that saw a lobster and said, "You know what? I'm going to eat that."
Mr_Rose is offline   #4 Reply With Quote