Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

LukeZ

Old August 14th, 2011, 01:27 AM
Creating experienced characters (100+ karma) is truly a pain.
You have to click multiple times only to increase one rank in a single skill (in the Advances tab)...
Is there a way to speed this process?
LukeZ is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
CeaDawg

Old August 15th, 2011, 12:10 AM
Not that I've found. I have a few well established players & their bevy of characters as well as some high end NPCs to load into the system. ATM it's taking me about 6 hrs per character to migrate them from paper to HL, and that's just for the one's that I'm not having to use the editor for. This process is still slower than dirt on a dead planet.
CeaDawg is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Just Pete

Old August 28th, 2011, 02:25 PM
I found a slightly easier way, although it's not (quite) accurate, and has no history included. I had to do this because I have several exisiting characters with high karma that I've not kept full progression records on.

Simply create the character (as exists, not as originally built) with all the bells and whistles from the start. Ignore errors from exceeding build points, availability, or anything else.

Once you've entered everything, adjust the Build points for the beginning character to match the build points spent. Then lock the character.

On the Journal tab, enter an initial build entry that has all of the character's Money and Total Karma (don't forget to adjust the total money for the amount he currently has as a built character). Flip back to the Basics tab a few times to figure out the adjustments for Street Cred, Notoriety and Public Awareness.

On the Advances tab, Add a new "Spend Karma" advancement, in the amount that bring the total karma down to whatever the character hasn't spent yet. If the character is a initiated mage/adept, add the initiate levels first.

All done!
Just Pete is offline   #3 Reply With Quote