Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

AirKevin

Old February 11th, 2018, 12:56 PM
I am trying to figure out how to add a "Concentration" condition in the Adjustment Tab and/or on the Tactical Console where you mark conditions or apply healing/ damage, i.e. "Prone".

I want to be able to mark a checkbox when a spellcaster is concentrating on a spell so I don't have to try and remember, duration would obviously help with how many rounds it's been as well...

I'm pretty new to the editor and can't seem to figure it out on my own unfortunately. Thanks for any advice you folks might have!
AirKevin is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
jjashley

Old February 14th, 2018, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirKevin View Post
I am trying to figure out how to add a "Concentration" condition in the Adjustment Tab and/or on the Tactical Console where you mark conditions or apply healing/ damage, i.e. "Prone".

I want to be able to mark a checkbox when a spellcaster is concentrating on a spell so I don't have to try and remember, duration would obviously help with how many rounds it's been as well...

I'm pretty new to the editor and can't seem to figure it out on my own unfortunately. Thanks for any advice you folks might have!
I'm sure there is a better way, but a quick and dirty is to add one called concentration, put in category 1st User Group just to make it easy to find, save and test.

You should have a concentration condition, you can type in the spell and the duration manually. It will show as a temporary adjustment the way I have done it, I added the rounds with arrows, you would have to manually tick it down.

This method is far from perfect but it is a dirty workaround for what you are trying to do. Can't figure out yet where to add Conditions.
jjashley is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
AirKevin

Old February 22nd, 2018, 01:35 PM
jjashley, thank you for your reply. This, "...add one called concentration, put in category 1st User Group" is exactly what I am trying to do; can you give me some idea how to do that? I know that is probably a really basic question, but I can't seem to figure out where in the editor to do it?
AirKevin is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old February 23rd, 2018, 04:07 AM
This might help you: In the editor, "General" tab, "Adjustments" - you can New (copy) a thing called pHdCond "Conditions" which states in its description "Adjustments of this category are states that would normally be considered conditions, but are not defined in the System Reference Document."

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
jjashley

Old February 23rd, 2018, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirKevin View Post
jjashley, thank you for your reply. This, "...add one called concentration, put in category 1st User Group" is exactly what I am trying to do; can you give me some idea how to do that? I know that is probably a really basic question, but I can't seem to figure out where in the editor to do it?
This is a screenshot of how I entered the condition.
jjashley is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
AirKevin

Old February 23rd, 2018, 02:52 PM
Thank you both, I see it in the adjustments now. That certainly works! It doesn't satisfy my OCD tendencies as well as dropping it into the conditions list; but absolutely functional nonetheless! I appreciate your help, thank you!
AirKevin is offline   #6 Reply With Quote