Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

Grey Mage

Old December 28th, 2013, 09:16 AM
When adding a hyperlink via the 'Create new custom link for selection...' button, would it be possible to add a 'Search' button (perhaps immediately below the 'Ok' and 'Cancel' buttons) on the 'Select Content Link' window?

The reason I see this feature as having value is that as one's Realm grows, the 'Select Content Link' window's scroll feature has less and less utility.

As an example, just the Feats and Spells topics in my Realms are rapidly approaching 5000 entries. Scrolling takes more and more time whereas being able to type in the first 4 or 5 letters of an entry and have it jump down the list would be a real time/labor saver.
Grey Mage is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Little Paris

Old December 28th, 2013, 09:51 AM
+1 for that suggestion
Little Paris is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old December 29th, 2013, 01:55 AM
+1 as well!

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.

Last edited by Zaphod Beebledoc; December 30th, 2013 at 02:33 AM.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Fox Lee

Old December 29th, 2013, 07:11 PM
+1 Definitely. Scrolling is a nightmare with my list of topics ^^;

Fox Lee, The Art Gremblin
Invincible Ink - Original indie tabletop games on demand
The Square Fireball - Where it's 4th Edition Forever
Skies of Escarnum - Inclusive anime-flavoured 4e campaign world
HeroLab 4e patch contributor
Fox Lee is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 30th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Mage View Post
When adding a hyperlink via the 'Create new custom link for selection...' button, would it be possible to add a 'Search' button (perhaps immediately below the 'Ok' and 'Cancel' buttons) on the 'Select Content Link' window?

The reason I see this feature as having value is that as one's Realm grows, the 'Select Content Link' window's scroll feature has less and less utility.

As an example, just the Feats and Spells topics in my Realms are rapidly approaching 5000 entries. Scrolling takes more and more time whereas being able to type in the first 4 or 5 letters of an entry and have it jump down the list would be a real time/labor saver.
It seems perhaps our existing functionality might not be discoverable. When I click on the "Create New Custom Link For Selection...", it opens our standard dialog for selecting links (also used for containing topics, relationships, and probably other dialogs, all with a few variations). On the right, aligned with the top of the selection list are two icons. The first is a magnifying glass. Click on that icon. You now get our standard filtering dialog. Type in your search text and/or select tags and then select "Enable Custom Search Filtering within Tab" (perhaps this text could be better named). It then filters the list to the left by the search text and/or tags. And this persists until you exit the realm. This filter also applies to all instances of selecting content.

Any suggestions for how to improve finding this functionality? We had hoped using the consistent icon as is used in the main tabs would help, but it appears it isn't quite enough.
davidp is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Grey Mage

Old December 30th, 2013, 07:03 AM
David,

Head smacking time here... I have used that box literally several thousand times... Never even noticed the magnifying glass...

Let me use it a couple of hundred times in the next day or so and I will get back to you on how to improve it... if in fact that is even needed.
Grey Mage is offline   #6 Reply With Quote