Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer 40,000
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

edowney

Old September 5th, 2013, 06:59 AM
So, after the NOVA Open I think we'll be seeing a lot of the Tau Enclaves running around. Instead of beating them I have opted to join them.

So I created a Tau 1850 list and went to select Farsight Enclave as my ally, which was available, and boom - no units to choose from the Available Units list! What's that about? I have the latest version of the data files v1.27.

Thanx!
edowney is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
jaycsin

Old September 5th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Is this Downey from from Kadena? I think the problem is that is just a place holder. The author of the Tau datafile is probably waiting on the print copy of the supplement in order to work to code it in. So I think we will have to wait till then or they get a copy of the ebook version.

Jay
jaycsin is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Spack
Volunteer Data File Author

Old September 6th, 2013, 08:02 AM
The latest version has the old Farisight rules which don't handle allies as they were not updated fully for 6th edition. The new Farsight rules may not be implemented for some time as the policy is to not include new lists until 30 days after the release of the printed rules, and these have not yet been released in a printed format.

Dan
AB40k Site Admin
http://www.ab40k.org - home of the AB40k maintainers
Spack is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
jboweruk

Old September 7th, 2013, 07:34 PM
And won't be till next month apparently. I'm still waiting on the Apocalypse ...
jboweruk is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
edowney

Old September 8th, 2013, 03:27 AM
Ah, okdoke. So I guess it's stupid old paper and pencil for another month then

Nope, this is Downey from the Icehouse Warriors in Newark, Delaware. I ran Necrons and, while at home, my list did pretty ok at the NOVA Open I got by butt handed to me way to many times. Granted the level of play is way higher and one Necron player did make it to the top bracket I still think Tau will be the dominant army for at least the next six months or so. At least until orks come out. I think they will be the answer to Tau...
edowney is offline   #5 Reply With Quote