Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Nebulus

Old April 19th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Hi all, I have an iPad (the new one :-)...

and my wife has an iPad 2 (the old one ;-)

So I'd vote for the iPad, but it might be worth using one of those tools that let you develop once and deploy on any device, they also take away the need for specific knowledge of programming for a tablet.

If you're interested I can recommend one... PM me.
Nebulus is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
Nebulus

Old April 19th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanan00 View Post
Err. yea SDK.

Android development can be a pita at times but really it is simple as long as you have an idea of what you want before you start. The biggest thing is stick to the API, sure you can reinvent the wheel but why bother when you can use the one that already exists and you can customize it if you want.
Some Mobile Designer tools let you program for any mobile device (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile, etc...) using one java source code base. The tool then cross compiles to Objective C or whatever is needed for the specific device.
Nebulus is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
Belz

Old May 6th, 2012, 11:56 PM
I personally would vote for an iPad version of Hero Lab as well. Currently in our group we have 4 iPads, and 1 Acer Android device. The sooner the app can come out the better as far as I am concerned!
Belz is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old May 7th, 2012, 11:28 PM
In the 3 games I run a week, one of which is an organized event where on average there are 24+ people there a week. There are about 15 total people that use android devices ALONG with their Laptops with Hero Labs. 1 that uses iPad and even he wishes he had an Android device. The earliest it comes out the better.. I can hardly wait for it to arrive on Android
Nikmal is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
ChrisRevocateur

Old May 9th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Of all the people I know, I'm the only one that uses technology in my gaming, and I use Android devices only.
ChrisRevocateur is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
alientude

Old May 10th, 2012, 06:53 PM
In my group, we have 4 Hero Lab on PC (laptop) users and 2 iPad users. 2 of the laptop users (including me) are ready to purchase an iPad the moment Hero Lab is available on the device.
alientude is offline   #36 Reply With Quote