Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

Woodclaw

Old January 31st, 2010, 12:56 AM
I've just finished to check some build and I noticed one thing. For some reason the Tough feat from Warrior & Warlock doesn't stack with armor, or rtahre it stacks in a oddly manner.

If I gave a character a armor and the Tough feat the rank of the feat replace the bonsu from the armor on a one-to-one basis until the armor is zeroed.

e.g. if I place a Tactical armor (+4 toughness) on my character and then gave him 2 ranks of Tough the system only calculate the armor worth a +2. With 4 ranks the armor is calculated worth +0.

I known that Tough is based around the Protection power (that doesn't stack with armor), but given the description in Warriors & Warlock and the fact that Defensive Roll stack (which is essentialy Protection + Enhanced Reflex with the Flaw: Limited [not Flat-footed]) I think that it should stack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warriors & Warlocks (emphasis mine)
You are unusually tough; add your rank in this feat as a bonus to your Toughness saving throws. Your maximum Toughness save bonus is limited by power level as normal. The Gamemaster may choose to set a limit on how many ranks you can have in this feat; Tough is an innate talent or knack, as opposed to the Protection power, which is a superhuman trait. A maximum of three ranks of Tough is usually a fair limit for semi-realistic games.
Woodclaw is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 1st, 2010, 06:30 AM
FWIW, the fix is fairly easy, albeit annoying due to the no-copy code on the Tough feat. Create a copy of Defensive Roll and copy over the description text and name of the Tough feat, then set your new feat to replace the ID of the Tough feat.
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Woodclaw

Old February 1st, 2010, 07:19 AM
Thanks, I'll try that.
Woodclaw is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 1st, 2010, 03:34 PM
This is a good point. I'll ask GR whether this should "officially" stack or not.
Colen is offline   #4 Reply With Quote