Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

cinder

Old April 6th, 2016, 03:36 PM
Is there a way to create an extra that removes the current save and assigns another specific save?

I created a 2e version of Affliction. To that end I created a power element, that allows me to choose a will or fortitude save, by adding a field (pwmExpr - component.SaveBase) and the will and fortitude list contents.

I want this extra to make the affliction ranged (rather than melee) and resisted by reflex (rather than permitting a choice of will or fortitude).

Is this possible?
cinder is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 7th, 2016, 07:24 PM
Certainly. Take a look at the Alternate Save power, and the Increased Range extra. All of the code is there. I'm impressed that you got the field working for the save lists. Now, do you always want it to move the power to Ranged? Or should it modify it based on the current range (in case it's already modified)? And is it a +1 Extra to switch both?
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
cinder

Old April 9th, 2016, 08:45 AM
Thanks. That was what I was trying (using Alternate Save).

Sorry if this is easy stuff, but I have no experience with programming.

I think I figured it though.

For the range, I did this:

perform parent.delete[pwRange.?]
perform parent.assign[pwRange.Ranged]

For the save, I did this:

perform parent.delete[Save.?]
perform parent.assign[Save.Reflex]

And I added text with this:

~ Set text showing what we do
field[pwmInfo].text = "Ranged, Resisted by Reflex"

Thanks for the compliment. The creation of Affliction was a little hairy, but I figured it out.

The only thing I don't like about my version is that extra condition doesn't work the same as 3e. I had to just have the other condition selections there always. It also can't add more than one additional selection.

You think you could help with that?

My guess is that 3e uses different timing terms and I don't know how to translate them.

It looks like you helped me with this before: I have no memory of it! http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...ght=affliction

Last edited by cinder; April 10th, 2016 at 04:55 AM.
cinder is offline   #3 Reply With Quote