Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Maidhc O Casain

Old March 6th, 2018, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
It's not final yet, but it's possible the Pirates Guide will release to KS backers along with Razor Coast in the near future.
That's (hopefully) fantastic!
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Rone

Old March 7th, 2018, 05:46 AM
Clearly, Razor Coast is a serious concern if even the gamers, authors and editors who came near it almost fell to the sword in real life. Someone alert the media! It's time gaming scared our parents again!

Signed, the guy who wrote the first summary for Mazes and Monsters on IMDB back when that site was still in diapers. Was I the only person on Earth who only wanted to game more after seeing that cautionary propaganda? Surveys suggest quite possibly.
Rone is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old March 7th, 2018, 10:24 AM
Heh. In 1982 I was a sophomore in high school, and had been gaming for about five years . Devil-worshiping propaganda not-withstanding, I kept right on truckin'!
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old March 7th, 2018, 11:47 AM
In 1982 I was also a sophomore in HS and had been gaming for 3 years. The movie and associated "panic" was pretty bad in the very conservative small town in suburban Atlanta I grew up in. The school closed the D&D club and the local bookstore that had been carrying D&D stuff, and ordering in whatever else we asked for, stopped. One day during school several of us who were known to still be playing were called in to speak to a "counselor" who turned out to a local preacher who wanted to save our "souls" and shove the Chick Tract on us. I thought it was pretty funny but a lot of my friends couldn't take the pressure from parents and their churches and quit playing.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
dachda

Old March 7th, 2018, 05:27 PM
That would make me one happy camper!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
It's not final yet, but it's possible the Pirates Guide will release to KS backers along with Razor Coast in the near future.
dachda is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old March 7th, 2018, 06:43 PM
Hmm, odd in 1982 I was also a sophomore and had been gaming for 3 years.. Are all RW users 51ish in age?
Toblakai is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
numbat1

Old March 7th, 2018, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblakai View Post
Hmm, odd in 1982 I was also a sophomore and had been gaming for 3 years.. Are all RW users 51ish in age?
Nope, some of us are definitely older
numbat1 is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old March 7th, 2018, 07:31 PM
57 here
Bidmaron is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old March 7th, 2018, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblakai View Post
If you think about it, we were the first people who were the right age to take up RPG's right as RPG's really started to become a thing. Both basic D&D and the first of the AD&D hardcovers were published in 1977, when we were 10. It took till 1979 for the last of the hardcovers to come out so that was another natural place for people to pick up the game and we were 12.

At least for me 12 was too young for girls and jobs but too old for toys so it was ideal age to pick up gaming.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old March 8th, 2018, 01:09 AM
There's a few of us in out 30s also but i'm spending more and time with the retirees also

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #20 Reply With Quote