Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Silveras

Old November 16th, 2016, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
To improve usability with VTTs, can you include a URI mechanism similar to syrinscape so another application can navigate to a particular topic in RW and, optionally, a snippet within the topic (some topics are so long that the content you want isn't in the displayed portion). Further, a flag option should exist so the desired content is exported to xml so the VTT can itself import that specific data
I believe this requires the OTHER programs to provide the means.

Syrinscape works because Syrinscape was written to have a URI function. Realm works cannot just add a URI for other programs... they need to provide it first.
Silveras is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old November 16th, 2016, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollution View Post
Does this mean there is progress on the ability to scan for new links without opening every single topic, making a change and then deleting that change so that the topic will rescan for links?

Cause that would be boss.
It reads to me that, when changing a Topic's name, it will back-follow all existing links and update the text to match.
Silveras is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old November 16th, 2016, 09:41 AM
Deleted

Last edited by Pollution; February 17th, 2017 at 09:49 AM.
Pollution is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Jujutsuka

Old November 16th, 2016, 10:45 AM
I am beyond excited! Great features! Thank you!
Jujutsuka is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 16th, 2016, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Automaton View Post
Sweet. Is there or will there be a procedure in place for a password reset/recovery when some of us inevitably forget ours after not having to manually enter it for a year or two?
There's already password reset button next to the password field on the login form. It should be a fully automated process, as long as you have access to the email address the account was created with, and remember your username.
Joe is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 16th, 2016, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmortis View Post
I have a question.

What will happen if you have some of the same structure in the realm you import it too?

Example:

I have my own topics, they all are named "My XYZ".
If I exported them from one realm and imported them to another, and it had one of the topics already, what would be the outcome?

My plan based on this update is to have a standard structure I import to all my realms at creation, but in my existing realms they may have some or all of my topics already. I may base it on your Pathfinder structure, so I would be happy if I had the option to ignore the same ones or even replace them, so I do not have to change my naming convention if I do not have too.
(i.e. I have "My Community" and I export it, and attempt to import it to a realm with that topic already).
When Rob refers to structure, he specifically means Categories, Section Definitions, Snippet Types, Tag Domains, and Tags. That's our definition of "structure", and that's all that will be included in a structure export.

Topics are not structure, they are content (under our definition). In order to export them, you either need to do a full realm export, or a custom export, NOT a structure export.

It sounds like you have a set of "starter topics" that you'd like to import into realms, if I'm understanding you correctly. That should work fine for new realms. For your existing realms, I'm afraid you'll have to deal with removing duplicates.
Joe is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old November 16th, 2016, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
I believe this requires the OTHER programs to provide the means.

Syrinscape works because Syrinscape was written to have a URI function. Realm works cannot just add a URI for other programs... they need to provide it first.
You misunderstand. I want VTTs (fantasy grounds easy to do) to be able to send a URI to RW to do what I said. Windows will pass the URI argument to RW, which will then navigate to the desired topic and, optionally if the URI indicates, export that topic to an xml file
Bidmaron is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old November 16th, 2016, 01:12 PM
This patch, it's all about this! Good-bye 'Temple' may you be forever ignored only once moving forward.

• During automatic link detection, if there were multiple topics with the same name, selecting “Ignore All Instances” would only ignore one of the topics thereafter instead of all of them.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 16th, 2016, 03:03 PM
Quote:
First you left out the section on the team walking on water.
We're trying to maintain humility.

Quote:
Second you misrepresented the length of the read and I needed two, TWO cups of coffee to get through it all and digest it. Please update your expected timelines on reading such an amazing and truly epic update.
Mea culpa. I promise not to make that mistake again.
rob is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 16th, 2016, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
To improve usability with VTTs, can you include a URI mechanism similar to syrinscape so another application can navigate to a particular topic in RW and, optionally, a snippet within the topic (some topics are so long that the content you want isn't in the displayed portion). Further, a flag option should exist so the desired content is exported to xml so the VTT can itself import that specific data
This is an intriguing idea. We've always envisioned RW as the "hub", like the conductor of an orchestra. GMs would use RW to weave together resources from external tools, such as sounds with Syrinscape, portfolios for Hero Lab, or specific encounters to run within a VTT. Your proposal would turn that on its head, making the VTT the "hub". I'm not sure how well that would work, as you'd lose the vast majority of RW's power in the process. But it's an intriguing idea, nonetheless.

I recommend posting this idea in the Feature Requests section. Its relative merits can then be discussed there.
rob is offline   #20 Reply With Quote