Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 2nd, 2018, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Still getting this error without adding any skill ranks. Screenshot attached.

I don't know, but it seems to have gone away after your updates. Thanks!
Can you email me the .por file please.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1571 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old June 3rd, 2018, 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Can you email me the .por file please.
Sent!
Sendric is offline   #1572 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 11th, 2018, 09:55 AM
This is a bug report that came in through the tracker. In the encounter builder, filter for "gold dragon, great wyrm", and add the copy that doesn't have an image (which appears to be the copy from the community files, rather than our version). It generates this runtime error:
Code:
Live state of gizmo 'PolyForm' is being tested during phase 'First' at priority 100 by pick 'Polymorph Form Helper' (PolymoHelp) before live state of parent pick 'raChangeSh' is resolved
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'PolymoHelp' (Eval Script 'Polymorph helper applies low-light vision/darkvision') near line 2
- - -
Live state of gizmo 'PolyForm' is being tested during phase 'First' at priority 150 by pick 'Polymorph Helper' (Polymorph) before live state of parent pick 'raChangeSh' is resolved
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'Polymorph' (Eval Script 'Natural Weapons tagged as allowed for New form') near line 7
I think the problem is in the rxDragGold pick, which is in COM_GMPack_Frumple - Dragons.user. The raChangeSh bootstrap on that race has a containerreq at First/200, but apparently, that needs to be at or before First/100, based on the error messages.
Mathias is offline   #1573 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old June 11th, 2018, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
This is a bug report that came in through the tracker. In the encounter builder, filter for "gold dragon, great wyrm", and add the copy that doesn't have an image (which appears to be the copy from the community files, rather than our version). It generates this runtime error:
Code:
Live state of gizmo 'PolyForm' is being tested during phase 'First' at priority 100 by pick 'Polymorph Form Helper' (PolymoHelp) before live state of parent pick 'raChangeSh' is resolved
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'PolymoHelp' (Eval Script 'Polymorph helper applies low-light vision/darkvision') near line 2
- - -
Live state of gizmo 'PolyForm' is being tested during phase 'First' at priority 150 by pick 'Polymorph Helper' (Polymorph) before live state of parent pick 'raChangeSh' is resolved
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'Polymorph' (Eval Script 'Natural Weapons tagged as allowed for New form') near line 7
I think the problem is in the rxDragGold pick, which is in COM_GMPack_Frumple - Dragons.user. The raChangeSh bootstrap on that race has a containerreq at First/200, but apparently, that needs to be at or before First/100, based on the error messages.
Thanks for the bug report.

So no matter what timing I use I get this error. I went down to First/1 and I still get this exact same error message. The only way I can make the error go away so far is by totally removing the containerreq logic. Something else must be wrong but HL is tossing the above error message instead.

Only thing I can think of at this point is Hiding the ability using the Hide.Special tag instead but that does nothing to explain what the actual error is...

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1574 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 11th, 2018, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Thanks for the bug report.

So no matter what timing I use I get this error. I went down to First/1 and I still get this exact same error message. The only way I can make the error go away so far is by totally removing the containerreq logic. Something else must be wrong but HL is tossing the above error message instead.

Only thing I can think of at this point is Hiding the ability using the Hide.Special tag instead but that does nothing to explain what the actual error is...

It might work to add an empty, early script to raChangeSh, at or before First/100, so that that pick is forced to resolve itself early on (which can only be done with a replacement, which I know you try to avoid for the community files) (I guess making a duplicate with that script added would also be an option). The current first script on that pick is at First/200. But yeah, it might be something that has to always be left live, and then control the visibility - combining conditional bootstraps and gizmo is usually a hassle.
Mathias is offline   #1575 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old June 11th, 2018, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
It might work to add an empty, early script to raChangeSh, at or before First/100, so that that pick is forced to resolve itself early on (which can only be done with a replacement, which I know you try to avoid for the community files) (I guess making a duplicate with that script added would also be an option). The current first script on that pick is at First/200. But yeah, it might be something that has to always be left live, and then control the visibility - combining conditional bootstraps and gizmo is usually a hassle.
Ahh light shines on marble head. Yep without an earlier "fake" script firing earlier I can't fix this using a containerreq anymore.

Using Hide.? tags seems to be working. Then I can just remove those based on the correct Dragons Age later after all the gizmo's and bootstraps have happened.

Plus I am missing a bunch of the tags/fields that raShapeCh now requires/needs so I can fix that at the same time.

Thanks!

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1576 Reply With Quote
alykor

Old June 23rd, 2018, 09:55 AM
Hello! I didnt see ordained defender archetype for Warden class and war path archetype(template) for warpriest in PoW books.
alykor is offline   #1577 Reply With Quote
RustyBacon

Old July 30th, 2018, 06:21 PM
Ran into an issue. Trying to make a custom item for a game and i keep having compile errors when hitting the 'Test Now' button:

Hero Lab was forced to stop compilation after the following errors were detected:

File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Tags.1st (line 81) - Tag Group 'mDescript' - Referenced tag group 'sDescript' does not exist
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Tags.1st (line 91) - Tag Group 'mLevel' - Referenced tag group 'sLevel' does not exist
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Tags.1st (line 129) - Tag Group 'mSave' - Referenced tag group 'sSave' does not exist
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Tags.1st (line 204) - Tag Group 'PWActNRG' - Referenced tag group 'PriElement' does not exist
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Tags.1st (line 87) - Tag Group 'PathSkill' - Referenced tag group 'ClassSkill' does not exist
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Tags.1st (line 142) - Tag Group 'PsicrystID' - Referenced tag group 'ClassSkill' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack - Tags.1st (line 152) - Tag Group 'DamAbil' - Referenced tag group 'AttrDamage' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 88) - Tag Group 'wBite' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 98) - Tag Group 'wClaw' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 104) - Tag Group 'wConstrict' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 110) - Tag Group 'wGore' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 116) - Tag Group 'wHooves' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 122) - Tag Group 'wRake' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 128) - Tag Group 'wRend' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 134) - Tag Group 'wSlam' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 140) - Tag Group 'wTailSlap' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 146) - Tag Group 'wTalon' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 152) - Tag Group 'wTentacle' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 158) - Tag Group 'wTrample' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 164) - Tag Group 'wWing' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 170) - Tag Group 'wManSpike' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 252) - Tag Group 'PolyImmune' - Referenced tag group 'BloodEner' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 257) - Tag Group 'PolyResist' - Referenced tag group 'BloodEner' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 262) - Tag Group 'PolyVulner' - Referenced tag group 'BloodEner' does not exist
File: COM_1PathfinderPack - Components.str (line 81) - Component 'S2GenAry' (dynamic tag) - Group 'Helper' not defined
File: COM_1PathfinderPack - Components.str (line 82) - Component 'S2GenAry' (dynamic tag) - Group 'ProductId' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 29) - Field 'mDC' - Non-existent phase id 'PostAttr' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 42) - Field 'mIL' - Non-existent phase id 'PostLevel' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 53) - Field 'mIM' - Non-existent phase id 'PostAttr' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 98) - Component 'PWManuever' (dynamic tag) - Group 'Usage' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 99) - Component 'PWManuever' (dynamic tag) - Group 'SpecType' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 104) - Component 'PWManuever' (Eval Script '#1') - Non-existent phase id 'First' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 114) - Component 'PWManuever' (Eval Script '#2') - Non-existent phase id 'PreLevel' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 245) - Component 'PWManList' (Eval Script 'PoW Init Setup') - Non-existent phase id 'First' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 276) - Component 'PWManList' (Eval Script 'PoW Calc IL') - Non-existent phase id 'PostLevel' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 306) - Component 'PWManList' (Eval Script '#3') - Non-existent phase id 'Final' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 365) - Component 'PWManList' (Eval Script '#4') - Non-existent phase id 'Final' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 407) - Component 'PWDisc' (Eval Script '#1') - Non-existent phase id 'First' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 18) - Component 'PUDisc' (dynamic tag) - Group 'abCategory' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 19) - Component 'PUDisc' (dynamic tag) - Group 'HasAbility' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 20) - Component 'PUDisc' (dynamic tag) - Group 'Ability' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 21) - Component 'PUDisc' (dynamic tag) - Group 'SpecSource' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 23) - Component 'PUDisc' (Eval Script '#1') - Non-existent phase id 'First' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 32) - Component 'PUDisc' (Eval Script '#2') - Non-existent phase id 'First' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 51) - Component 'PUDisc' (Eval Script '#3') - Non-existent phase id 'First' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 91) - Component 'PUDisc' (Eval Script '#4') - Non-existent phase id 'Final' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 139) - Component 'PUPsyPath' (dynamic tag) - Group 'abCategory' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 140) - Component 'PUPsyPath' (dynamic tag) - Group 'HasAbility' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 141) - Component 'PUPsyPath' (dynamic tag) - Group 'Ability' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 142) - Component 'PUPsyPath' (dynamic tag) - Group 'SpecSource' not defined

I wondered if it was something i did, so i made a brand new data file. I copied a ring (ring of protection +1) and changed its unique identifier and its name. Nothing else was changed and nothing else was copied/duplicated/added.

It still gave the above compile errors. I also tried redownloading the pack and it lasted through two compile tests before throwing the same errors again.

The test file works without the community pack just fine.
RustyBacon is offline   #1578 Reply With Quote
Nargath

Old August 21st, 2018, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyBacon View Post
Ran into an issue. Trying to make a custom item for a game and i keep having compile errors when hitting the 'Test Now' button
I'm also getting this error when trying to create custom items as well.
Nargath is offline   #1579 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old August 21st, 2018, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nargath View Post
I'm also getting this error when trying to create custom items as well.
This error as reported for years is NOT caused by the community pack. The base files fail to load which cuases the pack to fail. I have been working with LW for years on the issue but I could never duplicate the issue constant way.;

This same thing happens to me all the time and the only answer is to shut down HL and restart. If you didn’t have the pack installed you would get an error about a langue.hlz file that is core to HL.

The error is happening almost every other time I press Test Now or CTRL-R so please feel free to put in bug reports to LW. The community Pack is just exacerbating the issue because of its size.

I would love to have this fixed... I will try emailing Dave again and pointing him to these posts...

Here is post from a few weeks ago about the same issue
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=60997

Hero Lab Resources:

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; August 21st, 2018 at 09:17 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1580 Reply With Quote