Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

meek75

Old June 18th, 2018, 06:03 AM
So, I am going to be running a 5e game (Haven't run one for a while) and since I have a huge amount of data in the realm I decided to give RW another shot. Well, I first needed to export/import some story elements from another realm into the 5e realm. Since nothing I ever do in RW is ever smooth I am getting an error. RW starts the import and then crashes with a message that "Reference is still being edited". I have a custom "Reference" Tag I created some time ago. I have no idea why it thinks I am editing it. I tried to delete all the tags in the custom tag list and, you guessed it, another crash. This time the error was "C++Exception: Entry has invalid size - wiped? at line 690 in file utility.cpp". I think all this means that I am out of luck unless I want to submit a help ticket, download my realm to google drive, send a link to LWD, and then wait forever and a day for a response. I have been down that road so many times! I don't have the heart for it again. If any of you pros have an ideas I would love to hear them. Every time I decide to give RW another chance its just more disappointment. Its nice that export/import is now possible, but it is still super buggy. I rue the day I ever created any custom tags or categories. They have caused me nothing but problems. Even after all these years I still feel like I'm using the beta version of a product. Anyway, before I stomp off in frustration yet again, I thought I would ask the community for help. Thanks.
meek75 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old June 18th, 2018, 07:10 AM
There is a known error with the custom tags. Any attempt to delete one will cause a crash. I believe this is something LWD are working on currently.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Valyar

Old June 18th, 2018, 01:08 PM
I logged a bug for this two months ago. No feedback aside from "Working on it".

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.
Valyar is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old June 18th, 2018, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
I logged a bug for this two months ago. No feedback aside from "Working on it".
Yeah, I don't even try with their customer service anymore. I created a OneNote file to use for my game, it lacks some of RW features, but I know it is stable. To be fair, MS has even worse customer support (much worse) but OneNote has never required me to need much help either.
meek75 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old June 18th, 2018, 03:35 PM
I've submitted at least 2 dozen bugs since the last patch. I haven't even gotten the "we got your report now leave us alone" automated reply for any of them.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote