Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

Tiberius

Old December 30th, 2010, 11:43 AM
I used the 3.2 about everyday. When I saw the update, I did it and since then noting work except if I load the ''Minimal Game''. Event the ''Exemple Game'' dosen't work. I've try to re-install, nothing works. Army Builder loads well until I choose a game system and then it tell me...

ArmyBuilder.exe has encountered an error and needs to close.

Please email a DESCRIPTION OF WHAT YOU WERE DOING, in as much detail as possible, along with this message, to support@wolflair.com. PLEASE NOTE: Unless you tell us what you were doing, we won't have enough information to fix this problem!

Right click and choose "Copy to Clipboard" to copy these details:

C:\Program Files\Army Builder\ArmyBuilder.exe
3.3 236
ACCESS VIOLATION
Address: 0x005a3ebc
Type: bad read
major: 5, minor: 1, build: 2600, platform: 2, version: Service Pack 3, spmaj: 3, spmin: 0, suitemask: 00000100, type: 1

Or you can find them here:

C:\DOCUME~1\JEAN-M~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\lwderror1420.txt

Then it closed itself.

Can somebody help me to fix that? Or where can i download the 3.2 version that was working very well for me?
Tiberius is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Swamprat33

Old December 30th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Hi, I also have the same issue when I upgraded to 3.3. I am running the 64bit version of Win 7 Home Premium.
I did upgrade from XP to Win 7 64 in November and only have one licence.

I was asked to re-activate my licence, and this seemed to complete ok, and was told to restart AB 3.3, which I did. Since then I can only see a Minimal system. I have since re-instaled 3.2 which is working fine again.

Lets hope the team gets the info neede to correct this issue soon.

Cheers
Tim
Swamprat33 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
stashman

Old January 2nd, 2011, 03:39 PM
Where can I reinstall 3.2 from.

I have the cd and tried to install 3.1 but then I couldn't download warhammer fantasy battles updates.

Have posted it to wolflair support.
stashman is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 2nd, 2011, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius View Post
I used the 3.2 about everyday. When I saw the update, I did it and since then noting work except if I load the ''Minimal Game''. Event the ''Exemple Game'' dosen't work. I've try to re-install, nothing works. Army Builder loads well until I choose a game system and then it tell me...

It appears that there's a problem running Army Builder 3.3 as a user with an unusual login name, i.e. a login name with characters that have accents or aren't in the ascii character set, like your windows username has.

I believe the problem is that when Army Builder tries to create a folder under "My Documents" for you, Windows tells it to make an unhelpful folder like:

c:\documents and settings\??????????\Army Builder

Making folders with lots of question marks in their names is not allowed, so problems ensue and eventually everything just falls over.

We're working on a permanent solution for this problem now. However, happily there is a simple fix for this issue that you can use until we find one. Here's what you'll need to do:

1) Make a folder somewhere (I recommend on your C drive) called "ArmyBuilder". For example, "c:\ArmyBuilder". You can make this folder anywhere, but it CAN'T be under My Documents or on your Desktop.

2) Right-click the Army Builder shortcut, choose "Properties", and add the following to the end of the "Target" field:

-userroot="c:\ArmyBuilder"

Use the name of the folder you created, if it was different from that. For example, when I do this, my complete Target field is:

"C:\Program Files\Army Builder\ArmyBuilder.exe" -userroot="c:\ArmyBuilder"

3) Double-click the shortcut to run Army Builder.

AB should now work fine, and will expect to find saved rosters and so on in the new "c:\ArmyBuilder" folder you created. You can move your saved roster files there and access them as normal.

Hope this helps!
Colen is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 2nd, 2011, 07:49 PM
For users who want to revert to Army Builder 3.2, item #2 of our FAQ cover this:

http://wolflair.com/index.php?contex...sked_questions

If you're having issues with downloading updates, I recommend you contact technical support, at support@wolflair.com - the issue is likely a configuration problem with your computer, not Army Builder 3.3.
Colen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
sdhakala

Old January 2nd, 2011, 08:38 PM
I now have the same error. Initially, it worked for me in my office but totallly screwed up today at home. I work on a networked laptop and logged in from home and cannot even install AB 3.3 now. Also, when I tried to reinstall AB 3.3 completely deleted all my old rosters. Thanks for not warning me that my entire roster archive would get deleted. Tried the suggested fix and it did not work. Tried to find AB 3.2 and can't find it to install it. Also, the entire Dwarf roster for Warhammer is now screwed up for Runelords and Runesmiths. Not fun when I'm trying to check army lists for a local tourney.
sdhakala is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 3rd, 2011, 09:09 AM
sdhakala,

Can you give me more information about the problem you're having? There have been multiple problems discussed in this thread. Exact error messages and descriptions of what you're doing would be really helpful.

Also, there's no way that Army Builder 3.3 can delete your old rosters - even if you uninstall the product, they're left for you to delete manually. Try looking in your "My Documents\Army Builder" folder - installing 3.3 moves the rosters to there, as you are warned about several times during the installation process.
Colen is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mr_Rose

Old January 3rd, 2011, 01:05 PM
Just got this as well:

Please email a DESCRIPTION OF WHAT YOU WERE DOING, in as much detail as possible, along with this message, to support@wolflair.com. PLEASE NOTE: Unless you tell us what you were doing, we won't have enough information to fix this problem!

Right click and choose "Copy to Clipboard" to copy these details:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Army Builder\ArmyBuilder.exe
3.3 236
ACCESS VIOLATION
Address: 0x00556c9e
major: 6, minor: 1, build: 7600, platform: 2, version: , spmaj: 0, spmin: 0, suitemask: 00000100, type: 1

Or you can find them here:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\lwderror264 4.txt

What I was doing is opening AB after installing it a couple days ago, apparently without incident. Interestingly when I switched it to using XP SP3 compatibility mode it worked, then worked again after I switched compatibility mode off.

Click here to get 2.25GB of DropBox cloud storage free!

I've always wondered about the first person that saw a lobster and said, "You know what? I'm going to eat that."
Mr_Rose is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
sdhakala

Old January 4th, 2011, 01:55 PM
I did eventually find my rostors in My Documents on the network hard drive but not on my local (due to auto sync of files). I was getting the same types of messages as above. The problem did not exist when I first downloaded and was working in the office (on network) but occurred when I went home and tried to work offline and then connected to the corporate network system to access files off my network server. After that, though, the problem has continued to occur even after repeated installs and after trying to reinstall (after uninstalling) in my office on the network. The process has also crreated a situation where I cannot find the runes for characters in a dwarf army even after I uninstalled AB3.3 and reinstalled AB 3.2. I cannot find a fresh copy of AB 3.2 on your Internet site (gives us 3.1 as the old version).
sdhakala is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Yobtar

Old January 4th, 2011, 03:03 PM
ABCreator.exe has encountered an error and needs to close.

Please email a DESCRIPTION OF WHAT YOU WERE DOING, in as much detail as possible, along with this message, to support@wolflair.com.

PLEASE NOTE: Unless you tell us what you were doing, we won't have enough information to fix this problem!
Good to know that the paying customers are also your beta testers. Was 3.3 even tested before being released? The amount of reported crashes makes me think not.

Anyways I was in warhammer.def file for 8th ed and clicked on View tab. 3 View Ids under View tab were selectable.
Clicking on any of the View Ids resulted in the following error.

C:\Program Files\Army Builder\ABCreator.exe
0.0 0
ACCESS VIOLATION
Address: 0x00483d14
major: 5, minor: 1, build: 2600, platform: 2, version: Service Pack 3, spmaj: 3, spmin: 0, suitemask: 00000300, type: 1

I am running Windows XP home SP3

Last edited by Yobtar; January 4th, 2011 at 03:14 PM.
Yobtar is offline   #10 Reply With Quote