Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

JmOz

Old February 21st, 2012, 02:42 PM
Is the build a race feature from SW D in the program?
JmOz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 21st, 2012, 07:50 PM
It sure is. It's called Racial Properties. Open the Editor and take a look. The Races are built in the Editor, usually by the GM. Go to that tab, and click New(Copy). There's the list of available Racial Properties. Since they didn't really name them in the SWD book, you may have to look around a bit. The basic idea is to create a copy of the base Property, and give it a descriptive name that has meaning in your current campaign. When you've created the renamed Properties you want to use, you bootstrap them to the Race you're creating.

There's going to be some detailed documentation coming out as soon as I finish working on Magic Items for the Fantasy Companion. It will list the individual Properties in the same order as in the SWD material, with their definitions. Until then, if you have any questions I can answer them here.
CapedCrusader is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
JmOz

Old February 22nd, 2012, 03:48 AM
Thank you for the reply. One last question (note that I am deciding wether to buy the SW Pack), can I play around with the feature with the free demo?
JmOz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old February 24th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Hey everyone,
I am working on adding Savage Justifiers right now and I was wondering if anyone has used the bootstraps for adding abArmor? If I read the tags correctly is should allow the user to pick an added natural armor value.
Here is how I came to that
abArmor (which is natural armor)
text box reads:
A creature's Armor adds to the creature's Toughness (already added in to its statistics), usually in all locations. Thick, leathery hide generally offers 2 points of Armor. "Armored" creatures like a stegosaurus generally have 4 or more points of protection. Supernatural creatures may have much higher Armor values. A living statue, for example, might have 8 points of Armor or more.

Then in its right side fields it has a tags that states this;
Group Id User Tag ID NeedValue
Name: NeedValue Abbrev: NeedValue

Which I believe means that the user should be able to enter a value for Natural Armor
And Idea?
SAbel is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old February 24th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Also any idea on how to give a race a bonus skill that starts at X value ie stealth D6
SAbel is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old February 25th, 2012, 01:30 AM
JmOz - Yes, it should be available in the demo as far as I know.

SAbel - I can help you with both of these, but a) it's late and b) I need a little more info. What are you bootstrapping to? You'll likely need to bootstrap the ability (abArmor) and then set a field value to the Armor points you want.

For the Skill bit, check Racial Properties. There's a choice on that list that does a d6 in a Skill like that. If that doesn't get you what you need, I can help you set it up.
CapedCrusader is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
JoeOfMars

Old June 9th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Hello, I am trying to create Savage Mars races using the HL Editor. I tried to create an Earth Man with +1 Die in Strength, but when I used the Bootstrap attStrength, it doesn't show up when I choose that race in character creation (it says it in the race description but it doesn't add the +1die to the attribute). I can't find any 'Enhanced Strength' in Racial Properties, so am I maybe looking in the wrong place, or doing something wrong? Thanks!
JoeOfMars
JoeOfMars is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old June 14th, 2013, 10:05 PM
If you want to increase Strength one die type, take a look at Enhanced Attribute under Racial Properties in the Editor. Copy it, and name the copy something appropriate and assign it to Strength. Then bootstrap the Racial Property to your Earth Man Race record.
CapedCrusader is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
mateodesantafe

Old January 13th, 2014, 04:42 AM
For the life of me I cannot figure out how the editor works? I followed the tutorial and was just plain confused the whole time.
mateodesantafe is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old January 14th, 2014, 06:17 PM
What are you wanting to do? I can help.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #10 Reply With Quote