Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Berekona

Old July 28th, 2023, 11:58 AM
Hey guys are you going to do anything similar to what demiplane is doing and if you purchased the core rulebook and the gm mastery book they are giving you those 2 books for free for the remaster books?
Berekona is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 28th, 2023, 01:02 PM
Not sure yet. We need to discuss it further between how we're handling the material in general and any stipulations Paizo might have on how they want the old vs. new dealt with, so no word as of yet.
Daniel V is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
marroon69

Old August 8th, 2023, 03:52 AM
I am hoping you will support the old and new rule sets as options. I would love to be able to chose the PF2 or PF2 remastered. I will buy the new stuff but we just started Gatewalkers and I will not move until after that is complete
marroon69 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 9th, 2023, 01:39 PM
From what they've shared so far, it seems to be similar to large scale errata. A lot of names changed, some functionality here and there, but not a completely different rules set. Once we have a plan for it, I'll let you all know, but in general I'd expect it to be treated like errata where we switch existing things over to the new names/text, rather than an opt-in/out for rules sets. But bear in mind that's me spitballing based on what they've shared, and once we see the full scope of changes it all is subject to change.
Daniel V is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Shadowfoot

Old August 9th, 2023, 11:48 PM
I’ll be treating it as a large scale errata, and I’m also adopting changes in my Kingmaker campaign where I can do cha get with minimal averse effect.

🎲 Pathfinder 2e GM

Need spawns invention, but imagination gives rise to need. — Logic of Design
Shadowfoot is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
MarcelGM

Old September 8th, 2023, 10:24 AM
I'm curious as to how HLO will handle something like the removal of alignment for remastered classes trying to choose something like Undead Master archetype from Book of the Dead that has a requirement of having an evil alignment.

I can see them going back and resolving these things eventually but where does that leave any digital tool users until then? Hoping it become some sort of error message we can just click to ignore
MarcelGM is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 8th, 2023, 02:03 PM
If you're using remaster rules, any sort of alignment validation should just be automatically met. So that might require evil alignment, but the test will be validated via remaster. Champions too just pick whatever cause and you play to your tenets and character, as you would without alignment (then the class will get whatever update happens with PC2)
Daniel V is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 8th, 2023, 02:07 PM
Sounding like we should have info to release about this next week, so I'll start a new thread at that point once I have full details and am greenlit to share and discuss.
Daniel V is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
graf_zederich

Old September 23rd, 2023, 02:52 AM
If I buy the "HLO Upgrade Game: Pathfinder 2nd Edition GM/Player Core (Preorder)" store item, will I be able to manually select for which campaigns and characters it applies? I want to avoid that everything is automatically upgraded.
graf_zederich is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 23rd, 2023, 05:59 PM
Yeah, it won't automatically be applied to any characters. We should have a newsletter going out soon that I've been waiting on to follow up with more details on how everything is going to be handled.

Seems that went out last night, so I'll work on getting a post up with some details later tonight or tomorrow.

Last edited by Daniel V; September 23rd, 2023 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Saw the newsletter went out
Daniel V is offline   #10 Reply With Quote