Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

binoc

Old August 18th, 2017, 04:44 AM
Hello,
The party may be the target of a mage's disjunction.
Because they have quite a lot of magic item, I was wondering if there was an easy way to apply the spell to the magic items in HL.

Do you know of such a thing ?
Or do I have to recreate every item without the magic properties ?

Thx
binoc is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
frumple

Old August 19th, 2017, 09:05 AM
I do not think there is an adjustment to do this, but this is something you can implement in the editor.

Look at the Ability Disable adjustment. Make a new adjustment from copying this (call it Item Disable, I guess). Change Show Menu to "Current Equipment" and remove the script at Pre-levels/11000. That should do it.

You can also check out the community files. I would be surprised if there wasn't an adjustment to handle this there.
frumple is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 19th, 2017, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frumple View Post
I do not think there is an adjustment to do this, but this is something you can implement in the editor.

Look at the Ability Disable adjustment. Make a new adjustment from copying this (call it Item Disable, I guess). Change Show Menu to "Current Equipment" and remove the script at Pre-levels/11000. That should do it.

You can also check out the community files. I would be surprised if there wasn't an adjustment to handle this there.
That is not going to stop "equipment" from having the scripts still fire. Last time I checked 99% of all those scripts look for the field gIsEquip which normally can't be set with a script.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old August 20th, 2017, 09:27 PM
I am somewhat confused by the description of this spell.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-sp...s-disjunction/

It sounds like it's saying that if this spell is used as an area of effect, then any temporary magical effects and any temporarily enchanted items are permanently disjoined, but any permanent magic items are disjoined only for the duration of the spell.

If the spell is used not as an area of effect, but to target a specific magic item, then the magic item can be permanently destroyed.

In the first case, if an item fails it's save, then temporarily unequip it. In the second case, the item is destroyed and can removed from the character.

Am I reading this correctly, or am I missing something?
EightBitz is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
binoc

Old August 21st, 2017, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
I am somewhat confused by the description of this spell.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-sp...s-disjunction/

It sounds like it's saying that if this spell is used as an area of effect, then any temporary magical effects and any temporarily enchanted items are permanently disjoined, but any permanent magic items are disjoined only for the duration of the spell.

If the spell is used not as an area of effect, but to target a specific magic item, then the magic item can be permanently destroyed.

In the first case, if an item fails it's save, then temporarily unequip it. In the second case, the item is destroyed and can removed from the character.

Am I reading this correctly, or am I missing something?
Thank you for your answer.

You are about right, but a magical armor which is disjoined, will still have its masterwork quality applied to the wearer. Therefore unequipping it is different and will not solve my problem.

Too bad there is no known simple solution...
binoc is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old August 21st, 2017, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by binoc View Post
Thank you for your answer.

You are about right, but a magical armor which is disjoined, will still have its masterwork quality applied to the wearer. Therefore unequipping it is different and will not solve my problem.

Too bad there is no known simple solution...
The two simplest solutions I can think of offhand are: 1) If it's permanent, or if the armor has more than just an AC bonus, add a regular set of masterwork armor. Discard the magical armor if permanent, or just unequip it if it's temporary.

2) If it's temporary and the only magical quality of the armor is an AC bonus, then add a temporary adjustment with an equally negative AC bonus.

These would both be simpler solutions than scripting something.
EightBitz is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 21st, 2017, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
The two simplest solutions I can think of offhand are: 1) If it's permanent, or if the armor has more than just an AC bonus, add a regular set of masterwork armor. Discard the magical armor if permanent, or just unequip it if it's temporary.

2) If it's temporary and the only magical quality of the armor is an AC bonus, then add a temporary adjustment with an equally negative AC bonus.

These would both be simpler solutions than scripting something.
Pretty much what I had my own players do. I for warned them to show up with a current character that had all non-magical versions of gear. They hit the anti-magic area and I had them open up the pre-made character.

It works.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote